Acura World banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had my 2002 TL-S for going on 6 years, and it's been a great car. It currently has 307K miles on it. Recently some things have gone wrong. I'm not sure if there is any connection or if it's just a coincidence.
A couple weeks ago my radio quit working. Worked fine on the way to work, but when I drove home the stereo would not turn on. I checked the fuses, and they are fine. So I figured bad head unit or loose power connection. No big deal.
Then a couple days ago my SRS light came on. My Side Airbag Off light has been on intermittently ever since I bought the car, but it is currently not on. Just the SRS light.
Today my Malfunction Indicator Lamp turned on. The manual talks about tightening the gas cap, and the light having something to do with emissions.

The car runs fine. I'm just wondering if there is any possible connection between any of these items or if my car is just falling apart at the same time. Also, is the Malfunction Indicator Lamp something I should take serious? Can it cause a lot of damage? I don't have emissions in my state so I'm not worried about passing inspections.

Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts