Acura World banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving to work this morning, and I ran over something in the road.....no way to avoid it.....I ran over it with my passenger front tire, then it sounded like it hit underneath my car, then I could see it in the rearview mirror.....looked like a piece of metal or plastic from under another car. I figured if I didn't get a flat right then and there, it would be fine. I forgot to check my car when I got to work, so when I went out to lunch, I looked at the passenger side, and it ripped a hole :eek: in the plastic skirt on the passenger side . I'm talking the standard skirt, I don't have a kit. It's on the underside, but you can still see it. I will take some pics tonight when I get home and post them. Also, it put a pretty big dent in the metal beam that runs along the length of the car, but I don't think that should be a problem, right??? :( Do you guys think the dealer will replace the skirt under warranty?? If not, does anyone have a WDP passenger skirt that they aren't using??

·
Registered
97 Posts
No dealer in their right mind is going to warranty what's essentially accident damage, but you might be in luck on the side skirts. A dealer my friend worked at used to throw away the stock side skirts when people bought new TL's and had the dealer install the body kit. Call around and you might get lucky that way.

·
Registered
369 Posts
If you have comprehensive insurance coverage on your auto insurance, they will cover the damage and all for free or a small fee, you should check with them first...good luck bro!

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
Number 3 said:
If you have comprehensive insurance coverage on your auto insurance, they will cover the damage and all for free or a small fee, you should check with them first...good luck bro!
Sorry to hear that bro..

But it'll not covered under comp and dealer won't cover it under warranty because you ran over the object. (I know that sucks..) :(

If you get the side skirt from the dealer, it's little over than $100, comes in painted. Or maybe it's time for the bodykits. ;)

Or try to find the WDP TL member who has bodykit installed. He might have old skirt sitting inside the garage or something....

Good luck!!!

·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
songoku said:

If you get the side skirt from the dealer, it's little over than $100, comes in painted. Or maybe it's time for the bodykits. ;)

Or try to find the WDP TL member who has bodykit installed. He might have old skirt sitting inside the garage or something....

Good luck!!!
Thanks for the suggestions....I really don't wanna pay $100 to replace the skirt.....I would love to get the bodykit, but I don't have $100 to spend, nevermind $800. I am going to be making an apponitment for service soon, I'm gonna ask them if they have an extra laying around....I asked a dealer in NJ that sells lots of parts on the web, but he had every color except WDP. I will definitely post a message to see if any members have theirs laying in the garage.....thanks for the support....

Damn....I never took pics of the hole! sorry...

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
rominl said:
actually how does comp deductible work? under what circumstances can you use it?
Every time you covered under comp, you'll pay your comp deductible(if there's any). Some people has same deductible as collision, some people has no deductible on comp. Just look at your insurance policy.

Under what curcumstances?? :sqnteek:

Everything other than collision?? :bigok: :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.