Acura World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do i fix this rattle myself, anyone know? its the 3rd brake light, the one on the inside of the car.

·
baby polar bear
1,755 Posts
the dealer will fix it for you...or you could put a little piece of foam between the light and the window...that is what is probably causing the rattle and hum...if i remember correctly.

·
Acuraworld Veteran
1,113 Posts
TypeS SmokesAll said:
how do i fix this rattle myself, anyone know? its the 3rd brake light, the one on the inside of the car.
It must be all those shitty ass roads in Tucson, what a fucking mess the area around that school is.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: Rattle in 3rd brake light

pgatour1 said:

It must be all those shitty ass roads in Tucson, what a fucking mess the area around that school is.
you said it. i got it fixed like 3 weeks ago, and two days after it was rattling again:(

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Rattle in 3rd brake light

TypeS SmokesAll said:

you said it. i got it fixed like 3 weeks ago, and two days after it was rattling again:(
Lemon law that shit! :D ;):beerchug:

·
Yuck Foo
2,602 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Rattle in 3rd brake light

Driven said:

Lemon law that shit! :D ;):beerchug:
hehehe... only need two more trips to the dealer with the same problem. :p

·
Moderator?
9,839 Posts
I went to Home Depot and bought foam weatherstripping without any adhesive. 1.5" x 1.5" x 42" strip. I cut it into shorter pieces and used a knife (the dull ones you use at your plate to cut stuff like veggies or spread butter) to wedge it between the glass and the shelf on either side of the 3rd brake light housing. Its dark grey and I got it down far enough that you can't see it from the outside. I can see it in my rear view mirror though but its no big deal. The rattle is gone. Cost $1.50.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts