Acura World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today June 16,2014 GM posted the following:

GM says it is aware of eight crashes and six injuries related to the latest inadvertent shut-off problem. That’s on top of the 13 deaths and dozens of crashes already linked to the defective ignition switch problem that led to the February recall.

In that case, the ignition switch itself was the issue, and GM engineers were aware of a potential problem more than a decade ago.

The latest recall is the result of the design of the ignition key itself. While some keys have wide slots that allow a key ring to move around in, the seven vehicles covered by the new announcement had narrow holes for the key ring. It might seem a minor difference but in the event the car was jostled on a rough road, or if a knee banged into the key ring, that design makes it more likely the key will inadvertently turn from the on to the accessory or off positions.

GM plans to simply rework or replace the keys to prevent an inadvertent vehicle shutdown.

Back in January when I brought Acura's design of the key FOB to the attention of the national Acura Customer Service Manager they flat out refused to replace my keys fobs. This was after The Service Manager had previously refused my request for replacement key fobs. After my KILLER POTENTIAL post was posted on this forum another Acura Customer Service rep contacted me and agreed to replace the FOBs.

When I asked to receive this key FOB approval in writing the National Customer Service Manager refused to document their approval. They asked that I take the car back to the original dealer who refused to replace the FOB and they would "work it out with them". Do I smell a cover-up. Interesting how GM has now finally come to Jesus on their problem. How long will it take Japanese company to do the same. But wait, they don't worship Jesus they worship their emperor.

Wake up you Japanese Engineers, you have a problem that is very similar to GM. The sooner you do the less lawsuits you will be faced with. And just perhaps the people who die as a result of your cover-up will meet you with Jesus at their side when it's your turn. When this day comes I don't think any of your previous emperors will be anywhere in sight. They might be doing a little fire-fighting on their own.

My only other complaint about a safety concern resulted in Toyota being fined 1.2 BILLION. Will Acura be next? Stay tuned.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2010 RDX Shut off while driving - No warning

I've had the same issue with my 2010 tech package. Today for the third time, the vehicle completely shut down (dash read an ominous "goodbye", as if I had shut it off myself after parking) with no power steering, etc. Each time I've been accelerating and turning left. Fortunately for myself, my wife, my two year old son, and Acura, I have been able to accelerate enough before the vehicle shut down to clear oncoming traffic. My key is the same "switchblade" style you described. I bought the car used and will be taking it to the dealership immediately following my return to FL (I'm out of town.)

They are going to fix this problem for me, of that everyone can be sure. They need to order a safety recall immediately - GM lost any respect I had for them after it came out that lives were lost due to their gross negligence. Please contact me if you have any updates.

Thank you,

Evan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts