Acura World banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RE: Headrest TV's

Hey guys,

What is the best size monitor to get for the headrests? I was thinking about getting 5.6" monitors, are these good or bad? Also, what brands are good and also economical? Would I need to get a video amp or can I just plug it into my existing car stereo system?

Thanks,

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Jiggaman:
Mm....best depends on the look you want. I want the biggest screens I can...so I will try to fit 7" screens into TL-P headrests. If you don't have that much cash...or want a more centered screen then 5.6" will be fine. There is no real good or bad for just that size. It's all in what you want.

Brands I would recommend are NESA, Farenheit, Accele. The Panasonics and Sony's etc are great too just too costly. You shouldn't need a video amplifier if you're just plugging it into a source unit...like a DVD player...but you'll have to say what you're plugging it into.

Austin519

·
Registered
43 Posts
Errrr... just one question that i really have been wondering. Besides being a really cool mod, what is the motivation to spend so much money to have 4 monitors installed in a car? I can see having the 2 in the rear of the headrests for the back passengers, but whats with the 2 monitors people are putting in the sunvisors. The one for the passenger side is really to close and to awkward to watch, and as for the drivers side....well forget it while driving.

And how often are you really gonna pull up in the park, park the car, put both front seats back enough so you can actually see and watch the visor monitors, (and of course, this will screw up the viewing angle for the headrest monitors for the back seat passengers) pull down those visors and watch a full length DVD movie???

Not to sound like a grumpy old man :rant: but the whole thing seems like a lotta cash outlay for nothing. An expensive way to show off to your friends i guess?!?

Why not just go with a single DVD unit with integrated display mounted in dash. Seems like plenty to me.

:bs: just my 2 cents. :boink:

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
2002acuraTL:
Well...traffic for one...or waiting. And trust me...it's not as bad you think.

Austin519

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well thank you for understanding that my comment was not bashing the idea. Its just a very costly proposition and other than for a car entered into a competition to get extra points (i was an IASCA judge about 10 years ago) i wondered how much it would every really be used. I had thought about doing in in the headrests for my daughter sitting in the back, but i just could never get into the idea of the visor mounts. I see that Streeteffectz is taking orders for the rear view mirror mount (i saw it over at A-TL.com) and THAT sure looks cool, but thats an even smaller picture --- 2.5". Nice trick stuff, but useful?? :dunno:

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
2002acuraTL:
It's just one of those things that some would find really useful...and others would totally not. So I totally understand your comments.

njzprettyboy:
How they would fit? I assume you mean the headrests? Well...they'd have less room around them than 5" screens that's for sure...I have heard of that brand...not particularly bright or high quality I seem to remember....but I have never installed any first person so I couldn't be more specific than that.

Austin519

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.