Acura World banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching the site for issues regarding readiness monitors and was surprised how little this is discussed. I'm new to this forum and not very savvy with navigating web sites so hopefully I'm not searching correctly? My inquiry has to do with a 96 RL needing CA smog. My problem began when I took my car to the wrong shop. 600.00 to R&R intake but it turns out all they did was clean the egr tube, the manifold was not removed. The P0401 code was cleared two months ago and the car has been driven 400 miles. The monitors will not reset. I can not find a shop willing to deal with diagnosis, even the Acura dealer said no. If I need to spend 300.00 - 400.00 on a good scanner I will if it will help identify which monitor and narrow down the cause. I have posted previously but no replies. I just upgraded my membership to Lifetime hoping it might help with input. Any advise appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Not being familiar with the CA smog test....do you have a check engine light on currently, or will it just not pass emissions? How many miles are on the car?

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
96 RL

The car has 110,000 miles. No codes are present. Monitor not resetting with 400+ miles after PO401 issue. Done my best to drive car through necessary steps to get monitor to reset for now over due smog check. 1st shop took a short cut method to clear egr passage but charged me for R&R of intake (600.00) 2nd shop had car for 10 days with no sucess or sucess diagnosing. Local Acura dealer won't even entertain looking at it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The car has 110,000 miles. No codes are present. Monitor not resetting with 400+ miles after PO401 issue. Done my best to drive car through necessary steps to get monitor to reset for now over due smog check. 1st shop took a short cut method to clear egr passage but charged me for R&R of intake (600.00) 2nd shop had car for 10 days with no sucess or sucess diagnosing. Local Acura dealer won't even entertain looking at it.
Its really sad to hear about you that you don't get any solution. May be some helps you. !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.