Acura World banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
i ordered mine through spoilerdepot.com and paid $200 shipped and prepainted. I have WDP and the paint came a perfect match, a perfect shine and a perfect job! A++++++++ I cant think of any reason to order one from anywhere else or to pay any more for one. IMO. ;)

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
You might want to check out ebay. There are a few great deal on spoiler, even with OEM ones too. ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes, thats how i hooked up with Spoilerdepot to begin with. I think they had the TL spoiler for a starting bid of $105.
Like this one: spoilerdepot on ebay

i emailed them before i bid to inquire about having them paint it, and later called them on the phone to place the order. They make the spoilers on site, and have a special spray booth for painting that keeps the spoiler rotating the whole time to insure a perfect job. The spoiler ends up with about 7 coats of primer, paint and top coat when its finished.

In fact, you can probably skip the auction and order directly if you call them and ask for 'the guy that handles all the ebay stuff'. I dont recall his name (it might have been 'chris') but there is only one guy there that handles the ebay sales. If you talk to him and mention to him that i told you to call him direct and not bother with the auction, you can probably get the same price, and then you dont have to even wait for the auction to close. The price was $175 painted, and $25 for shipping. The shipping/packing was first rate and arrived UPS without any flaws. :beerchug:

The Spoiler is made from fiberglass. Some replicas are fiberglass while others are blow molded plastic. I think the OEM is blow molded plastic. It makes no difference to the finished appearance, but for the fiberglass one weighs a pound or so more. If you want to go all out with the OEM look, you will need to go to Acura and get the heavy duty trunk springs, otherwise the trunk will not pop all the way open anymore with a spoiler. The springs supposedly cost about $35 and then there in an $8 tool that makes it easier to change them over. I didnt bother to do it with my car as i would prefer the trunk Not fly open when i open it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.