Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All -

First, let me say hi =) I purchased a 2012 TL Tech in White earlier this week... it only has 64,000 miles and the price was right. Unfortunately, I didn't have access to a mechanic or a ODB II scan tool during my test drive and I knew the vehicle wouldn't last so I sprung on it.

So far, very impressed with the performance, power and comfort. I went from a 2004 TSX to this 2012 TL so it was quite a change.

As for my questions:

1) After getting the vehicle and arriving home, I scanned for codes, no codes on anything other than "Engine" and it shows this code: P0039(04) - CKP Sensor circuit intermittent interruption. The vehicle drives fine, starts fine and there's no check engine light... any ideas what this may be?
2) The vehicle body itself and paintwork is in really good shape. However, on the inside door seams on all doors (including hood and trunk) there's this discoloration... is this common? Any ideas on best course of action on how to remove? I think a brush will be necessary given the crevices and gaps... Whatever it is it doesn't come off easily with just water and a finger.

Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm pretty sure you misread the code. P0039 is a DTC related to a turbo problem. This car does not have a turbo.

P0339 is a crankshaft position sensor issue. This is a serious issue, as without an accurate CPS signal, the engine will not start or run. Your engine presently has an unstable/irregular signal going to the cars computer. This is not something to screw around with. You either have a failing CPS, or damaged wiring harness.

As to your question re seam discoloration. Impossible to say without seeing it. If it is rust colored, you are in trouble as the panels seams are rusting badly. This could be a result of the car getting submerged in a flood, or having a careless owner who did not wash the car in a salty location.

I'd be concerned about a flood history as this would also explain the CPS fault.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All of these issues along with the low mileage and price make me wonder if this vehicle was involved in a flood or submerged at some point.

Any way to look at some of the more concealed areas such as the spare well, under the carpets etc.

Did you run the VIN thru Carfax or a similar service?

Good luck with hopefully a great car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It was correct to first check the wine number when buying. To avoid buying a stolen car. Because then you will have a lot of problems. So it's better to play it safe and free vin history. This can be done using the Vininspect service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts