Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
where did you get the piaa back up lights:eek:...damn those are bright dogg...wassup with the acura lettering, did the body shop do that...nice clean ride tho, your exhaust is gonna burn your newly painted car...get it fixed and take more pix...Shyne:king:

·
Purchased: April 28, 2001
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shyne said:
where did you get the piaa back up lights:eek:...damn those are bright dogg...wassup with the acura lettering, did the body shop do that...nice clean ride tho, your exhaust is gonna burn your newly painted car...get it fixed and take more pix...Shyne:king:

Back up lights from tim....click on the link 3 posts above. I had the Polarg M6 before these and wanted to try out something different so PIAA it is (cheaper too).

As for the lettering I requested it...although I wish they could of put it a half an inch lower. Looks kinda high there...but maybe I just need to get used to it. Nobody better be in the market for stealing acura letters :mad: i did this for a reason :)

As for my exhauust...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me be an exception. My bodyshop guy said that it shouldnt be a problem since my tips arent that tall...and it's usually those guys where the tip is near the bumper that this happens to. What you say makes perfect sense to me, but then again you probably rev your engine up more than I do (at least I hope you do). Here is my problem...my pipe curves directly into the muffler section. Not alot of straight pipping to mess with.

Attachments

·
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ElegantTL-S said:
already have that on my car. :D :D I swapped mines out for red blinkers and superwhite reverse like a few days after i got my car..... ;) doesn't it just look MUUCH better?! :bigok:
During the day it almost looks orange. I'm glad it shows red at night (for legal purposes). As for looking better....well....I think both of us might be biased...but at least it's different. :)

:beerchug:

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
edgalang said:

During the day it almost looks orange. I'm glad it shows red at night (for legal purposes). As for looking better....well....I think both of us might be biased...but at least it's different. :)

hum....mine during direct sunlight just sucks...haha! you can barely see it during direct sunlight. I had yellow for a while, but it showed a yellow hue all over inside the clear. hhaa, yeah..we might be biased.... :D :bigok:

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
edgalang said:

to me super white for backup is a must, but i am still don't buy red for turning signal :)

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
damn boy.. you dont mess around!!!! How long have you had your car back? You already did all this?? :D :D Now thats what i call a real trooper!!!

Looks good!!!! Congrats man!!!! :beerchug: :beerchug:

·
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Crazy_AcurA said:
damn boy.. you dont mess around!!!! How long have you had your car back? You already did all this?? :D :D Now thats what i call a real trooper!!!

Looks good!!!! Congrats man!!!! :beerchug: :beerchug:
I got to the shop around 12:30pm...went to my local auto parts store to replace my toque wrench and arrived home at 2:00pm closed shop at around uh...6pm? took night time pics around 9:30 pm.

*remember I'm a bum (still looking for work) :p

Tomorrow I start on the radar hardwire kit...and the shock sensor install. (Which I dont think will be easy after prying open my fuse boxes....holy wires batman!)

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
edgalang said:

I got to the shop around 12:30pm...went to my local auto parts store to replace my toque wrench and arrived home at 2:00pm closed shop at around uh...6pm? took night time pics around 9:30 pm.

*remember I'm a bum (still looking for work) :p

Tomorrow I start on the radar hardwire kit...and the shock sensor install. (Which I dont think will be easy after prying open my fuse boxes....holy wires batman!)
haha you broke your torque wrench? i would really like to see your hardwired radar detector man.

·
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
rominl said:

haha you broke your torque wrench? i would really like to see your hardwired radar detector man.
I had my old torque wrench in my trunk prior to the accident. Needless to say, I couldnt pry it out of the twisted metal when I was trying to salvage it. I would gladly help out when I figure out how to do the hardwire myself.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
edgalang said:

Are you guys boycotting or something? check the link above. lol
:D

Not boycotting anything.. just giving people another place to buy them from.. if you are already buying stuff from Tim and want to also buy bulbs, it's all good.

For just bulbs, you can get them anywhere..

I love the backup PIAA lights.. :eek: One of these days, I'm gonna have to get a digicam.. :)

I like the red signals tho.. I think Vincent has them on his car too.. They look so much better than the amber ones.. but I still like mines for now.. :bigok:

·
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Edub said:

Not boycotting anything.. just giving people another place to buy them from.. if you are already buying stuff from Tim and want to also buy bulbs, it's all good.
Reason why I even joked about that is because Elegant and rominl kept asking me where I got the bulbs from even though I already posted the link. I think they just had a brain fart or something.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.