Acura World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When is the next redesign on the RL due? I personally think the current model does not reflect Acura's claim that it is the "flagship" of the line-up....

-Maria

·
baby polar bear
1,755 Posts
it is supposed to be in the next year models...coming with a v8 and some minor changes in the designs...

that is the last i heard when i went to the dealership anyway

:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
you got that right. the rl is the only acura without sweet vtec. why is that. a front engine front drive 4-door with a older engine just aint gon do it whith the new ls430 making 290hp and the es gettin a new facelift acura is gonna be holdin they weinah heh. new rl better get rear wheel drv and that v8 or they can kiss it.

mfnlaw said:
When is the next redesign on the RL due? I personally think the current model does not reflect Acura's claim that it is the "flagship" of the line-up....

-Maria

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
I personally think that the RL looks a little too much like the TL. I know its not right to say, but they just have a weird resemblence from far away.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My thoughts.... since the RL just got more HP and other upgrades for 2002, i dont think they will put in the v8 for 2003. I think they are stalling, thats why they made the 2002 with upgrades.

Its the same thing with the TL, in 2002 the TL got a little facelift, and another engine option. And now the 2003 TL came out and it stayed the same. But for the 2004 model TL, its going to be all new. Which makes me think that the RL might get that V8 in 2004 like we all wanted. Im thinking the 2004 RL will get the V8 and then we all know how acura likes to use left over parts... so im thinking the 3.5 engine that was in the RL will go into the TLS with vtec for the new 2004 model.

But thats what I tink. :angel:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I think the RL is pretty powerful already. It wasn't meant to be a sports car. I have a 99 RL and my dad has a 00 TL. After drving them back to back, I still prefer the RL.

The TL rides great, but the RL rides even better. Acceleration isn't as good in the RL, but I don't need to rev it past 3000 to get max torque.

In places where the TL has hard plastic, the RL has soft padded leather.

The things I would like to see in the RL is:

- increased size to about 203 in. Still feels too small to me.

- dual zone climate control system.

- power antenna rod over the window grid antenna (The window antenna reception isn't anywhere as good as the power rod. My 91 Integra had better radio reception. Whats the deal with that??? So what if Lexus LS430 and BMW 745 does this, it still works horribly after talking and hearing from owners).

- add XM radio as an option. If I'm going to pay 45k, I want a better than FM even if I have to pay a monthly fee. $10/month is nothing.

- Please replace the trunk hinges with shocks. They eat up luggage space and look cheap.

- move the 6 disc changer into the dash or glove box. Having it in the trunk is very inconvenient. My NSX does this too and I hate it!
I have to step out of the car and get mugged when changing cds or its 10 degrees outside or raining.

·
Premium Member
13,838 Posts
William,

I can't speak specifically about the RL, but I know the TL and CL both have 6-disk in-dash changers now.

Additionally, the reception I get with my CL-S is outstanding. As good or better than a standard antenna.

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,088 Posts
Even the EL, the cheapest Acura (in Canada), has excellent reception with the glass imprinted antenna. Although a 6-disc changer is available only as a trunk mounted version...which is kind of odd since you can get a 6 disc in-dash for the Civic.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Outlook said:
how about rear-wheel drive??? Hopefully that and a V8 in 2003 as a 2004 model...:D
:gives: :afro: :werd:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts