Acura World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2014 RDX Base (push button start). I am the second owner and I cannot get the remote starter to work. The car came with three key fobs, the two proximity remote entry keys and a third which appears to be an Acura OEM System II remote starter remote. I'm guessing the remote starter was added by a dealer afterwards, not at the factory.

The problem that I have is the remote starter will not start the car. There appears to be communication with the car and then I get a picture of an open tailgate/hatch on the remote as if it was letting me know the car would not start due to the tailgate being open. Obviously, I've verified that the tailgate is securely lathed. I have also verified that the light on the dash indicating that the tailgate is open is not on.

Any suggestions? Is there a sensor that may be bad? Thank you for any suggestions you may have.

David

·
Registered
56 Posts
This is going to be a complex problem to sort out. Sounds like a bad sensor, but could be bad wiring. I would only trust a dealer to sort this out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
DON'T go cheap, on the product itself OR the installation. I work in an auto shop and we REMOVE a good half-dozen of the things per year because they go bad or were wired wrongly/badly and suddenly they're messing with the ignition system, causing the engine to stay running with the key off, causing phantom electrical problems...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts