Acura World banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have NO idea what ya'll are talking about - I jacked the car up - and i can see where the bumper is mounted to the car it sticks in about 1/2" or so - is that supposed to be it?? like 1/2" by about 2-3" lengthwise? If I cut/file that down - wont my pain start chipping/flaking off the bumper?

Can anyone take a pic?

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
!??! i have no idea what you talking about. try to read my faq in the faq forum, i got some pics there. maybe you can point out what you exactly is asking about?

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rominl said:
!??! i have no idea what you talking about. try to read my faq in the faq forum, i got some pics there. maybe you can point out what you exactly is asking about?
the thing that rubs with bigger tires that eveyrone keeps mentionting

·
Registered
615 Posts
it is that 1 inch section of bumper that starts at the tip of it and goes to about the cutout to where the screw is. that is very minor and worthwhile to cut if that is all that is rubbing.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
StanMan said:
it is that 1 inch section of bumper that starts at the tip of it and goes to about the cutout to where the screw is. that is very minor and worthwhile to cut if that is all that is rubbing.
so filing that down/cutting that isn't going to cause my paint to start chipping off of my bumper?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Put a chalk in the whole fender area, drive around, once it rubs stop and observe the fender.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
konigstiger said:
Put a chalk in the whole fender area, drive around, once it rubs stop and observe the fender.
its def the tab, now i gotta figure out how to remove it
::: not handy :::

·
Registered
16,149 Posts
Tommy...you seriously DO NOT need a dremel. I used a dull knife i had handy. Just start on one end and give it a little bit of pressure and it'll cut right off...it should alleviate alot of your rubbing issues.

That piece is like cutting through butter...won't put up a fight at all.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ken2000ac said:
Tommy...you seriously DO NOT need a dremel. I used a dull knife i had handy. Just start on one end and give it a little bit of pressure and it'll cut right off...it should alleviate alot of your rubbing issues.

That piece is like cutting through butter...won't put up a fight at all.
I'm afraid the fucker will still rub :sqnteek:
I'm a see if i cant trade him for
225/55's or 215/55's

·
Registered
16,149 Posts
TommyBoiSxty9 said:

I'm afraid the fucker will still rub :sqnteek:
I'm a see if i cant trade him for
225/55's or 215/55's
yeah you might will. i'm not familiar with the stock sizes. ;)

but if you decide to trim the tab...i would....and i wouldn't worry about paint peeling...no one here has had that problem.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
TommyBoiSxty9 said:
Get a utility knife from home depot. The bright yellow one with
razor blades in it. It will melt through your bumper like warm
butta. It won't peel, the paint for the bumpers and bodykit is
very flexible. Definately try this before you got out and do
anything drastic drama snoop.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.