Acura World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2000RL
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 RL with the trunk-mounted CD Changer. Like many early RL owners the CD magazine is stuck and will not eject. I want to remove the whole changer so I can work on getting the old magazine out. I have done a lot of research and have not found anything online yet. I can see no obvious screws, clips, or hardware of any kind on the CD Changer enclosure in the trunk. Has anyone had this experience? I DO-NOT want to destroy the enclosure trying to get the changer out. At this point I'm "clueless" and any help would be appreciated.
r/
Chris

·
2000RL
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I checked the Williams Electric site before but did not check out the Legend write-up. I will try that. Acura had problems early with this magazine. If you order a new magazine for your changer you will find that the part number has been changed. Which tells me they went with an different magazine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I see that it has been some years now. I am having this problem as well. Were you able to find a solution? I don't see how to remove the CD Changer cover. I do have a diagram I found online that shows each step following the removal of the cover to remove the changer, but if I can't get there without ruining the cover I'm not going to go forward as you also stated.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Funny you should just post on this, ten years ago I ordered a new cartridge from Acura and took the car to a stereo shop and had them get my old one out. Just last week I had a problem with an error code and couldn't remove the cartridge, but I worked it a little bit and it popped out. I used some silicone spray on a rag and wiped the side of the cartridge with it before I put it back in and it appears to be working fine. Wished I would have asked how to remove the cover when I paid the guy, Sorry I can't be of more help but if you take it to a stereo shop it shouldn't cost you much to have them get your cartridge out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trunk-mounted CD changer

The cover is held in place by the usual clips. Work carefully with a wide-bladed tool to pry up a corner of the cover and then work your way around to loosen the others.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts