Acura World banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok...i know this question has been raised in the past..

i need to get my front bumper re-painted...because its full of those little microscopic chips, bumps from every day road driving...these chips/bumps/pits cannot be smoothed over by waxing, applying scratch remover, doing the sanding/microfinish/microcompound 3m technique...

so..just curious, how much should I pay just to repaint the front bumper and any suggestions of what I should look for when i go to a local auto body shop?

i dont wanna get a maaco job where the paint will start to chip and peal after a couple months.

thanks!

·
Oracle11iGuru
252 Posts
$250

Few things to make sure.

1. Make sure it gets sanded and patched well
2. Get the exact specification of your paint. When 1st painted you may notice it is lighter than the rest of your car
3. Get clear coat. Maaco doesnt use clearcoat unless you specify. make sure the whole process takes 3 or more days. the orginal paint needs to sit a day or more before clearcoat can be applied. and the clear coat need to sit for a day also.
4. Get a color match guarentee.

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,086 Posts
2001TL4KCdude said:
$250

Few things to make sure.

1. Make sure it gets sanded and patched well
2. Get the exact specification of your paint. When 1st painted you may notice it is lighter than the rest of your car
3. Get clear coat. Maaco doesnt use clearcoat unless you specify. make sure the whole process takes 3 or more days. the orginal paint needs to sit a day or more before clearcoat can be applied. and the clear coat need to sit for a day also.
4. Get a color match guarentee.

WOW!! All that procedure can be done with $250?? :eek:

·
Oracle11iGuru
252 Posts
Yep, in Kansas City.

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,086 Posts
rominl said:

so you have to do it that price man :D
:lol: :lol: Yeah right!!

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,086 Posts
rominl said:

:sqnteek: :sqnteek: alright, let me start spreading rumors that you do a bad job ... ;) :D
:wired: :wired: :wired:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.