Acura World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Acura TL. The driver side fog light bulb needs to be replaced. Can someone advise how I can get to the bulb holder that is above a plastic cover which is at the bottom of the car? The plastic cover seems to be attached to the car using bolts and plastic pins. How do I remove the plastic pins?

Where is the best place to purchase a replacement bulb?

Thanks

·
**** Whore
10,136 Posts
As far as I know, you need to pull the bulb out from behind the foglight housing.

You can look around the net for cheap bulbs but you will have to pay for shipping so I would just go to the local Autozone or Wal-Mart to look for the bulb.

·
Premium Member
7,318 Posts
There is only a one bolt and a clip holding the entire fog light housing in the front fascia. You do not need to remove any of the undercarriage splash shield. There is a hole in that shield directly underneath both fog lights that exposes a 10mm bolt. Using a socket and bar extension remove that bolt. Then reach in through the lower center grill you will feel on the back of the lamp housing there is a clip that you squeeze together to release the fog light housing. You can then slide the entire housing straight out the front of the fascia. Then unplug the wiring harness from the bulb and then finally take the bulb out of the housing. This is how the factory service manual shows how to do it. I've replaced a couple of bulbs before--it helps if you have the car up on ramps to get underneath and get the light up to an easy height to work with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts