Acura World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a deal on a set of 17" snow tires mounted on aluminum rims. The bolt pattern and center hub were the same on my 2015 RDX which originally came with 18" tires and wheels. I tried the fit and drove the vehicle with no issues. Three days later, I get a verbal message saying the sensors have indicated a spare tire, wrong rim size or inflation issues. Is there any way of correcting or turning this off? Thanks, Bob

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, you have to install a tire/rim that is the same overall diameter as the original ones on the car. Most likely the overall tire diameter is not the same as the original ones on the car. This screws up a lot of things not to mention your speedometer, mileage counter etc. I am will to bet if you put your original rims on the car the messages will go away.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got a deal on a set of 17" snow tires mounted on aluminum rims. The bolt pattern and center hub were the same on my 2015 RDX which originally came with 18" tires and wheels. I tried the fit and drove the vehicle with no issues. Three days later, I get a verbal message saying the sensors have indicated a spare tire, wrong rim size or inflation issues. Is there any way of correcting or turning this off? Thanks, Bob
Just wondering how that worked out for you? I have a set of 17" snow tires mounted (from a 2011 CR-V) and wanted to know if they will fit on a 2017 RDX with 18" tires/wheels. The bolt pattern is the same... so I was hoping that this would work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts