Acura World banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what tires you EL'ers bought to replace the stock tires, if any.

There's certainly not as much "performance" choices for the 1.7 EL, with the 185/65/R15 size tires as compared to the better 195/55/R15's on the 1.6 EL.

The stock Michelin XGTV4 tires on the 1.6EL are better than the stock Firestone FR690's on the 1.7 EL too.

Anyone plus sized their tires too?

I'm not looking to replace my stock Fr690's until they're close to worn out, but would be interesting to know which ones out there people are using that seem to be a great fit for the driving and handling chracteristics of the EL.

·
Registered
407 Posts
As you know I replaced my stock wheels for 17x7.5 and 215/40 tires. I have no regrets at all! The handling is amazing, you sound like your more into the stock look? I'm not to sure what to tell you about tires, but i would suggest going wider, 195 or 205. Use the tire calculater.

·
NO MORE DIALYSIS
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For me, I'd like to keep the stock wheels that came with the car (don't want to spend $1,000+ for new rims), which means I'm either limited to the stock tire size 185/65/R15, or plus sizing to 195/60/R15 (which is probably what I'll end up going to when the time coems to get new rubber).

What brand of tires are those you've got?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey riceboy,
I just got replacment tires on mine. I had to get new winter ones, I know it's kind of late and all but my stock rims are my winter wheels. I got 205/50/R15. They fit fine and the handling is great! I've got lowering springs on my car and thought it might be a problem but it fit perfectly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.