Acura World banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for those of u who have 3A tips, what did u use to take off the bolt holding the stock tips? i'm convinced they are welded on! i'm using a pair of pliers and no matter how hard i turn, they won't budge at all! even the metal is coming off the bolt! i've already sprayed on some wd-40 too. help!

·
Registered
232 Posts
The bolts get rusted very easily. Sometimes not even wd-40 can help. Bring it to a shop and have them burn out the bolts. That's how I did it when I installed my JC Whitney tips.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tatewaki said:
The bolts get rusted very easily. Sometimes not even wd-40 can help. Bring it to a shop and have them burn out the bolts. That's how I did it when I installed my JC Whitney tips.
thanks tatewaki...yeah i looks like just over time (9 months) they've become welded on and one of them is rusted out too. i'll take it a shop for sure.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
yeah they are rusted and could be very hard to get off. my suggestion? go get a set of craftman wrench set from sears.... i couldn't turn those damn things a bit with my old screw drivers, but with the craftman i did it in secs. strong stuff

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
dee diddy said:
for those of u who have 3A tips, what did u use to take off the bolt holding the stock tips? i'm convinced they are welded on! i'm using a pair of pliers and no matter how hard i turn, they won't budge at all! even the metal is coming off the bolt! i've already sprayed on some wd-40 too. help!

what are diameter size for the tips???im tryin to get some...

·
....the "old" guy....
74 Posts
I got them off rather easily with a metric wrench. Cant remember exactly what size, 10 or 11mm I think. One word of caution with the 3A tips....replace the stock bolts with stainless steel ones. The stock bolts are very cheap and will strip out easily leaving the chance of your shiny new tips doing the Texas two step down the highway behind you! Also, if you get the 9" long ones (right size), you may want to hacksaw off part of your stock tip coming out of your muffler. That tip will be visible inside your new 3A tips and might look a bit odd to some people.....doesnt bother me, but it does some.

·
1,959 Posts
dee diddy said:
Hey Dee diddy, did you buy your 3A tips locally in Vancouver? If so where? Thanks!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Re: replacing stock tips with 3A

patrick said:

Hey Dee diddy, did you buy your 3A tips locally in Vancouver? If so where? Thanks!
don't think they're available locally...i ordered them off the other acura site...they recently got in a new shipment so u should put in an order now!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.