Acura World banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, can anyone help me please, I had trouble getting 93 vigor into reverse, sometimes it would sometimes also move forwards while in reverse. Anyway I decided to change the ATF, as the car had been in storage for 6ish years or so, When I removed the pan a piece of metal had broken off from somewhere, I assumed it has to do with the reverse gear selector, but I don't know. I have a pic attached. Can you please give me some advise on what it is and how difficult it would be to diy. I'm not a mechanic but i am mechanically minded, and I'm hoping someone on this forum can help. Is this a average fix, or should I take it to the experts which I can't afford to do.

Attachments

·
Vigorous
318 Posts
I was able to view the attachment, and from what you're describing, it's definitely the reverse fork that's broken.

I was able to replace mine and get the car driving again. The longer you wait, the less likely you'll be able to salvage the transmission.

In my case, the fork would slip off the collar and slam into the gears grinding them. Eventually, there will be too much damage to salvage the Trans and you'll need to replace it.

There's also the chance that the broken piece may have slammed into a gear before dropping to the pan.

The job requires the servo body to be removed to access the fork. Once down, you can see the reverse gear selector and gears. Check to see if there's damage to the gears, teeth, as well as collar.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.