Acura World banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im gettin rims in december...and I wanna be ahead of everything and be set to buy...so what type of rims with off set, tire size and rim size would you guys prefer? I want the WIDEST tire POSSIBLE with NO rubbing AT ALL...

My favorite ones were the Racing Hart c5 evolution 18s...no idea about offset and tire size...i dunno how those numbers work...please help me out...thanks...

My price range for Rims and TIRES are under $1500.00

·
Registered
16,140 Posts
[TL]Ridah said:

Safe hunting.

As for width, tire price goes up with tire width. With the right offset of wheel, you can put 235's, maybe 245's on there. Do you want 18's?? As for wheel, an offset of +55 - 60 would be great, but hard to find in a single piece wheel (3-piece would cost over $2K). Our stock wheels (TLS) are 6.5" wide, with a +55 offset. As the width increases, so 'should' the offset.
What type of wheel? That all depends on YOUR taste. Look at other people's cars, see what you like, and post them here. We'll give you our opinions.:D Don't be surprised if you don't like everyone's opinion, though, because opinions are like :butt: , everyone has one.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
[TL]Ridah said:
im gettin rims in december...and I wanna be ahead of everything and be set to buy...so what type of rims with off set, tire size and rim size would you guys prefer? I want the WIDEST tire POSSIBLE with NO rubbing AT ALL...

My favorite ones were the Racing Hart c5 evolution 18s...no idea about offset and tire size...i dunno how those numbers work...please help me out...thanks...

That's a seriously tight budget. That cuts out any true
performance tire or 19" combo. You'll have to go knock off for that price.
As for Offset, you 'should' be pretty safe down to 47.

http://www.victoriatire.com/w_car_s...3.2 99-02&cart=102771028310408670&MAKE=ACURA&

·
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i highered it to 2g...my selection as of now is 18" c5...maybe even 19s...evos...how much would c5 18" 3piece cost? how about 19"s? would 4x100 5x114 215-35-zr18 fit my 01 TL?

·
Registered
16,140 Posts
[TL]Ridah said:
i highered it to 2g...my selection as of now is 18" c5...maybe even 19s...evos...how much would c5 18" 3piece cost? how about 19"s? would 4x100 5x114 215-35-zr18 fit my 01 TL?
215's?? Why not go 225's, or 235's??
For 18's, you should be able to get nice 18's, wheels and tires, for $2K. For 19's, that's stretching it.
What style do you like, other than the C5? Maybe we can suggest some stuff.

·
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anything that would basically look good on my car...DTS 5 star were beautiful too...but i have nomoney for that...just SUGGEST ANY rims...thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Konig Attain
ADR Annex
5Zigen 5ZR Corpse
AT Italia S5
Mille Miglia EVO 5

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.