Acura World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we took the TLS to the mountains of NC as you may have heard. Man - what a great trip car it is. With baby seat, baby crap, Mandi and my suitcases, miscelaneous stuff loaded, we headed out to Western NC - about a 14 hour trip (including numerous potty breaks - both wife and baby-induced, and a 1.5 hour dinner break), made it on 2 tanks of gas, approximately 28 mpg. Averaged about 80 or so on the hwy when it wasn't raining cats and dogs or slow traffic.

On the way back, made it again on 2 tanks, but finally eclipsed the 400 mile on a tank mark!!! I think I made it 404 miles and put 14.8 gallons in for a mpg of 27. Averaged near 90 on the way back, and hit VTEC often to get around dumbass minivan drivers hogging the goddamn left lane. :mad:

Overall, not bad at all. It seems the trip re-aggrivated my 4th gear issues again tho - will have to make nice with the dealer down here to get this one fixed - I'm thinking a damned solonoid replacement ain't gonna fix it this time.

·
Registered
16,149 Posts
I loved my TL. I took it up from Raleigh to Manhattan, NY in January of this year....totally stock. I took the trip at night and it took me 5 hours flat...no joke. I averaged around 115, and still got good gas mileage. Such a smooth car...i'll surely miss it.

Glad to hear the trip back went well....roads trips are like 10000000 times more enjoyable when you're comfortable and enjoying the driving experience at the same time. :bigok:

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No doubt. I just hope they're not on backorder again. :(

evolaerok said:
Damn you have the worst of luck with them trannies huh?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.