Acura World banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought an 02 rsx base. I got the base because of insurance purposes and i read on a few threads that in everyday driving you didn't need the S. I bought the car from an older gentlemen who was the only owner of the car but he did travel a lot in it. It has 194xxx miles, mostly highway miles, but also had all the maintence taken care of. The more i drive the car the more i realize how sluggish it is accelerating after about 45-50 mph. Meaning trying to get on it to pass someone. When i stomp on the gas around that speed the rpms barely move and it slowly accelerates. Doesn't feel quick at all. Bascially I'm wondering what kind of low end mods i can do, nothing outrageous expensive I'm a full time college student, to change that a little. I was wondering maybe the fuel injectors or the air filter may to be cleaned or changed. I plan on doing a cold air intake but I'm wondering if there is something else i should do first such as a reflash that i have read a little about. I'm not a mechanic just a teenager thats looking to get a little more out of the car. And do not freak out about the miles transmission was replaced 12k miles ago i paid 3600 for the care and there isn't a dent on it. Was taken very well care of. And I've changed the timing chain set, don't tell me that was stupid 200k is a lot for one chain, had all the pulleys changed with it, the water pump thermostat, spark plugs, and oil. thats all I've done so far any suggestions? please? and please be nice i do not know much about cars but am looking to learn any good input is appreciated!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts