Acura World banner

s/c discussion continued

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Dv8 
#1 · (Edited)
ok so we dont highjack the VIS thread let's chit chat over here, we got a lil off subject in the other thread and I know some guys had some legit questiosn in that other thread, so we dont wanna keep then from having that discussion. My apologies to you guys in the VIS thread, and thanks for all the feed back.

So picking up where we left off. In regards to Godfathers previous comments about the size of the charger in relation to the a/c compressor. That is a real good point, those a/c compressors are heavy dogs aren't they. I was doing some looking at my other a/c compressor and I think you are absolutely correct, the charger would tuck away where the a/c compressor was with some type of adaptor plate made to house the charger, after looking at it and taking some rough measurements and checking on the Paxton site and looking at some charger dimensions I'm thinkin I could make an adaptor plate with some type of heat sheild incorporated into the design. If I can come up with a good design I would think about making more for you guys that would also like to go with a s/c.

Now a few things that worry me about locating the charger here, ambiant heat to the pass. side of the block, I'm wondering how much heat is going to radiate upwards to that side of the block, also the oil pan is in very close relation, so naturally I am worried about high temperatures causing oil sludging into the oil pan, specifically nearest the oil pickup, obviously an oil cooler is going to be needed, but do you guys think that will lower oil temp to a safe point? Plus the oil filter is close by too, might need to think about doing an oil filter relocation. Also, with the charger being in a low loacation like that, what about the possibility of water (rain water) splashing up onto/into the charger causing damage, I'm sure we could figure a way to sheild that from happening though.

Now this next question is more for DV8. I looked at the pics (many times and drooled mind you) of your engine, I noticed the braided coolant lines. I was just curious if those were braided sleeves or an actual braided line, also are those legend specific or a universal type of thing.

Once we get this thread rolling, I have some other questions for you guys relating to the engine build up itself, I have some ideas I'd like to shoot past you guys and see what everyone thinks.

See less See more
#2 ·
LS92Sedan said:
Also, with the charger being in a low loacation like that, what about the possibility of water (rain water) splashing up onto/into the charger causing damage, I'm sure we could figure a way to sheild that from happening though.
i dont think you are gonna have to worry about this that much (other than heat issues. i haven't heard of very many alternator issues, especially becuase of roadside debris coming up. and im sure you could fab up a little splash shield. i believe this is a very very possible project. especially with the engine management issues kinda solved. just my 0.02

#3 ·
LS92Sedan said:
ok so we dont highjack the VIS thread let's chit chat over here, we got a lil off subject in the other thread and I know some guys had some legit questiosn in that other thread, so we dont wanna keep then from having that discussion. My apologies to you guys in the VIS thread, and thanks for all the feed back.

So picking up where we left off. In regards to Godfathers previous comments about the size of the charger in relation to the a/c compressor. That is a real good point, those a/c compressors are heavy dogs aren't they. I was doing some looking at my other a/c compressor and I think you are absolutely correct, the charger would tuck away where the a/c compressor was with some type of adaptor plate made to house the charger, after looking at it and taking some rough measurements and checking on the Paxton site and looking at some charger dimensions I'm thinkin I could make an adaptor plate with some type of heat sheild incorporated into the design. If I can come up with a good design I would think about making more for you guys that would also like to go with a s/c.

Now a few things that worry me about locating the charger here, ambiant heat to the pass. side of the block, I'm wondering how much heat is going to radiate upwards to that side of the block, also the oil pan is in very close relation, so naturally I am worried about high temperatures causing oil sludging into the oil pan, specifically nearest the oil pickup, obviously an oil cooler is going to be needed, but do you guys think that will lower oil temp to a safe point? Plus the oil filter is close by too, might need to think about doing an oil filter relocation. Also, with the charger being in a low loacation like that, what about the possibility of water (rain water) splashing up onto/into the charger causing damage, I'm sure we could figure a way to sheild that from happening though.

Now this next question is more for DV8. I looked at the pics (many times and drooled mind you) of your engine, I noticed the braided coolant lines. I was just curious if those were braided sleeves or an actual braided line, also are those legend specific or a universal type of thing.

Once we get this thread rolling, I have some other questions for you guys relating to the engine build up itself, I have some ideas I'd like to shoot past you guys and see what everyone thinks.
corregated stainless tube. Its universal, MR gasket makes them among others. Get the longest kit avalible. i just replaced the chrome kit with the black kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.