Acura World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was at the store the other day picking up some shit for my dad in his mercedes when i noticed a modded 540 pulling out of the lot. He had exhaust and rims and a dinan badge so he must of had some other work done. Well i get up next to him doing about 40 and step on it. I got him by surprise so i gained about a 2 car lead and stuck it. We played cat and mouse for a little while until we came up on an empty street he slowed down to about 25 and got next to me, we punched simultaniously and it was a great race. By about 90 i had only pulled about half a car. I think from a stop he would of gotten me off the line but once that benz hits about 60 mph it really starts pulling the bmw in.

it was a good race

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Benz don't shine in stop light race, but once does things going on the highway they like a freight train...

·
Acuraworld Junior Member
53 Posts
nice nice kill.
thought the 540 might've won, guess I'm wrong.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Red Hot TL said:
nice nice kill.
thought the 540 might've won, guess I'm wrong.
yeah off the light i guess the bimmer would win, but from a roll the mb is just too much muscle

·
Registered
14,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i've raced my brothers gs400 and the others 540 from a stoplight in the benz before, they take off the line but once i pass about 60 i take them in pretty fast

·
Registered
94 Posts
What year S500?

·
Registered
25 Posts
That's strange...

I kept up with S55 AMG in my 540...yes on the highway once moving.

Beat SL500 on a regular basis...

S500 will be my wife's next car!

·
Registered
14,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ACAC said:
That's strange...

I kept up with S55 AMG in my 540...yes on the highway once moving.

Beat SL500 on a regular basis...

S500 will be my wife's next car!

s55 isn't much faster then the s500. And you raced a new sl500?

or the older one? The older ones were dogs

·
Registered
25 Posts
n2oJunkie said:

s55 isn't much faster then the s500. And you raced a new sl500?

or the older one? The older ones were dogs
Old ones ofcourse. I have not come accross the new ones yet. But the engines are the same aren't they?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
ACAC said:

Old ones ofcourse. I have not come accross the new ones yet. But the engines are the same aren't they?
i think a bit diff, but still in the 6's for 0-60 which sucks for a car thats at least a bill.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well, turns out I finally got to race a NEW SL500. We were all cruising about 110mph and took off...I would have rear ended the SL. The SL could not pull, when I got in front, I was walking away slowly. The 330i actually hung with us pretty well. The SL is a beautiful car, but lots of bark and no bite.

·
Registered
14,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ACAC said:

i think they have about 50 more horsepower. It's not the same motor, but fundamentally it is.

It's about .4 faster in the quarter at most.

·
Registered
14,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ACAC said:
Well, turns out I finally got to race a NEW SL500. We were all cruising about 110mph and took off...I would have rear ended the SL. The SL could not pull, when I got in front, I was walking away slowly. The 330i actually hung with us pretty well. The SL is a beautiful car, but lots of bark and no bite.
what do you drive? just wait for the SL55 467 hp of pure bite :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
n2oJunkie said:

what do you drive? just wait for the SL55 467 hp of pure bite :D
I drive a 540i...

New SL will be a beast, I agree with you 100% and can't wait to see one. Test drove E55 today and was a bit dissapointed. Let's just say if I ever see one on the road I'm gonna give him a hell of a run.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
ACAC said:

I drive a 540i...

New SL will be a beast, I agree with you 100% and can't wait to see one. Test drove E55 today and was a bit dissapointed. Let's just say if I ever see one on the road I'm gonna give him a hell of a run.
something is wrong..... the e55 is 4.6 0-60 last time i read? it's at least as fast as the m5 i am sure. but of course, i still like the 540i sport more.

and yes, the sl500 is "slow". it's not that fast at all. however the sl55 is ridiculously fast. even 911 turbo stands no chance with it. i have video with sl55 gaining over 911 turbo at 140+mph and afterwards the 911 driver said he was pushing everything already

·
Registered
25 Posts
rominl said:

something is wrong..... the e55 is 4.6 0-60 last time i read? it's at least as fast as the m5 i am sure. but of course, i still like the 540i sport more.

and yes, the sl500 is "slow". it's not that fast at all. however the sl55 is ridiculously fast. even 911 turbo stands no chance with it. i have video with sl55 gaining over 911 turbo at 140+mph and afterwards the 911 driver said he was pushing everything already
I don't know about 4.6 but the E55 is still very fast. 1st gear was very torquey but moving and gunning it wasn't impressive at all. I will still lose, no doubt but I don't think he will be able to spank me.

Love the new SL though.

·
Token Lexus Guy
1,474 Posts
Hi fellaz:beerchug:

I've seen a 0-60 time of 5.5 for the E55 so avg a 5 sec car? They said the VSA kicks in ALL THE TIME, even when off.

302 hp in the SL but still weighs a bunch. Nice car. SL 55 is a BEAST, PERIOD.

·
Registered
737 Posts
here lets all druel...i love this car, i just hate that my mom is just buying the 500...she cares nothing about speed and hates the fact that I even mention it...her new SL is going to be white on tan leather...it is the same engine as her 01 SL...killer looks though, highly desireable car...Shyne:king:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts