Acura World banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
A-Spec Fan
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe this finally qualifies me as a neat freak, when it comes to my NBP TL. My car is Zaino'd, and I hand wash it every week with Z7. Usually within a couple of days after the wash, a fine layer of dust has settled on the car, even after driving. Do you guys have a preferred auto duster, one that won't scratch or swirl my paint?

Thank you for forcing me to become a perfectionist when it comes to maintaining my TL. j/k

P.S. Zaino is wonderful!

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
i have the california car duster and it's great. yes i also have nbp tl so i know how you feel :) try it, 10 bucks and it's serving me right, it took all dust out in no time.

finally for once an "as seen on tv" stuff works.

btw, moving to detailing forum

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
yea i know what u mean...i got one of those dusters too...its awesome...cuz theres so much construction goin on around my house and work that dirt is alwas on my car...so i pull out my trusty duster and all dust gone...

·
A-Spec Fan
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the incorrect placement! I'm just a noob on this site....

Thanks for the advice, I've heard this one mentioned before, and I think I'll be buying one today. The big problem I have is that when the car is dusty, it becomes filthy after a rainstorm. Turns my stomach!

I even use Z6 Gloss Enhancer because of its touted "antistatic" properties, but I think that's bunk. The only reason I use it at this point is because it really does bring out that Zaino shine!

Thanks again.

·
Oracle11iGuru
249 Posts
california car duster. get the dry kind, they also have one that they precoat with some oil which you have to lay it flat on a newspaper (for a few days) to soak up the excess oil. What a pain.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
hey no problem don't worry about placing the threads in the wrong forum, it's no big deal :)

and yeah, the california car duster works. but if it rains, then it's trouble

·
2,315 Posts
rominl said:
hey no problem don't worry about placing the threads in the wrong forum, it's no big deal :)

and yeah, the california car duster works. but if it rains, then it's trouble
make sure you dust before it rains. then dry off your car after it stops, or you can just wait and wash your car again.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I dust down my TL with the California Car Duster when I park for the evening each day. Remember what your woodshop teacher used to say, "clean your tools when you're done with them". It keeps the car looking clean each morning.

Kansas is terrible when it comes to dust. Not only is there a lot of straight-line winds here in the plains, there's also a lot of pollen. When it gets really bad, my car would have gotten a nice yellow coat of fresh pollen when I get off work each day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.