Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
A dirty,foul,little boy!
27,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everywhere a scratch scratch...

Anyone know of a good way to get rid of fine scratches on my ABP. They dont seem deep or noticable from far away, but they really annoy the shit out of me!!:cry:

...or do I have to spend the money on detailing???:(

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Zaino ownz j00.

Seriously - it fills in swirls and very fine scratches like you wouldn't believe. Z5 works amazing wonders on swirls.

On the other hand, you can do what I did with my CLS - see here: http://www.acuraworld.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=708 ... it's a long, laboreous process but came out pretty well. Having used both methods tho, zaino is the superior product by a long shot.

·
A dirty,foul,little boy!
27,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
autoxCLS said:
Zaino ownz j00.

Seriously - it fills in swirls and very fine scratches like you wouldn't believe. Z5 works amazing wonders on swirls.

On the other hand, you can do what I did with my CLS - see here: http://www.acuraworld.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=708 ... it's a long, laboreous process but came out pretty well. Having used both methods tho, zaino is the superior product by a long shot.
So just use the Z5 and that should get rid of the scratch marks:dunno:

I usually use Klasse AIO and Glaze and I like the results.

·
Registered
133 Posts
bloo_tls02 said:

Not sure what glaze you're using, but 3M Imperial Hand Glaze fills swirls nicely. Unless they are too deep to fill.

To get rid of them, 3M SMR with a rotary or orbital will do the trick.

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
bloo_tls02 said:

Well, with Zaino it's never just one layer. :D

I personally did Z1 (only have to do it once), let dry, apply Z5 right on top, wait to dry, take layer off with 100% cotton towel, re-apply Z5, wait till dry, etc. It takes a little while at first, and once your swirls are filled you use Z2 which just gives it AMAZING clarity. I was a natural wax fan as you can see from the thread I referenced above, but Zaino blows it out of the water.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
ComptechTL said:
Not sure what glaze you're using, but 3M Imperial Hand Glaze fills swirls nicely. Unless they are too deep to fill.
Probably the Klasse AIO & Sealant Glaze. The two (and only two) items for Klasse.

I like klasse for that reason, just two things, not z this-and-that-and-those :laugh:

Seriously though, I think zaino is better than klasse and I'll probably switch once my stock of klasse is used up. I do love this shot though:

·
Registered
376 Posts
How about the dots......

I can feel the paint on my hood is rough.. I try cleaner and some dots remover but it still little not as smooth as before..

Any suggestion?? Or shall I bring the car to do detail?:dunno:

·
A dirty,foul,little boy!
27,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rominl said:
do a search on me and about scratches, i had a LONG thread with detailed instructions on how to remove scratches
I did find that thread and it seemed pretty useful but with my luck I'd fuck up the sanding part:( I guess I could give it a try:dunno:

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
So how deep are these scratches? If they're just swirl marks - very very fine scratches - then you can get rid of them with zaino or the 3M swirl mark remover.

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Sounds like the kind a good swirl remover / Z5 will remove then. :)

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
oh, if they are not deep at all, you DO NOT need sanding.

try this. use your nails and go over the scratch. can you feel them? if not, then it's very minor. just use the z5 or the 3m imperial hand glaze and it should do the trick. 3m stuff yields better results than the z5, but keep in mind they don't bond with zaino so you need to clay your car again afterwards

·
A dirty,foul,little boy!
27,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, I checked out the scratches last night and it doesnt seem like anything major so the 3M should hopefully do the trick. They sell that stuff at Pep Boys, etc.? If not, do the performance shops carry them?

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
yeah you can find them at pepboys. but i got mine (big bottle) from local auto paint supplier at a cheaper price.

umm.... what's AIO and SG? when winter comes and before after clay my car i need to apply that to my whole car too. NBP is the hardest color to keep among all :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.