Acura World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - so we all know about the perpencity for CLS rims to be scratched. What are some good fixes?

And new rims is an option, but it would take longer to pay for. :-/ If I get new rims, I want them to be stock size (17x7 or 17x7.5).

I'm a fan of classy-looking 5-spoke rims. Forged preferred.

·
Acuraworld Veteran
1,108 Posts
I got an option, how about don't scratch your rims in the first place. I don't know what it is but I never have even rubbed my tires on a curb, I would rather park 3 feet from the curb and get a $15 ticket than scratch a rim anyhow, but even so how hard is it to like not hit a curb.
This is great now I bet today I'm gonna go scratch my rims because I said this. FOCKERS:D

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice helpful answer. :rolleyes: Clearly I meant to scratch my rims. :p

Anyone else?

pgatour1 said:
I got an option, how about don't scratch your rims in the first place. I don't know what it is but I never have even rubbed my tires on a curb, I would rather park 3 feet from the curb and get a $15 ticket than scratch a rim anyhow, but even so how hard is it to like not hit a curb.
This is great now I bet today I'm gonna go scratch my rims because I said this. FOCKERS:D

·
Transform and roll out
5,506 Posts
I do what pgatour1 does, but I usually leave a light-year of space b/w me and the curb. It doesn't matter if they're stock and that I'm gonna put in some other rims....I still want them to stay looking good.

how bad are the scratches? Are they superficial or are they really deep?

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Two of my scratched were due to curbs that I had to swerve to avoid some other moron hauling ass in a parking lot. :-/ The third one was from the tire place. :( The two curb ones are BAD - like an inch or so wide or more and about an inch or so long.

fahoumh said:
I do what pgatour1 does, but I usually leave a light-year of space b/w me and the curb. It doesn't matter if they're stock and that I'm gonna put in some other rims....I still want them to stay looking good.

how bad are the scratches? Are they superficial or are they really deep?

·
Transform and roll out
5,506 Posts
sh*tty.....well, I think your best bet is to take it to a place that repairs rims. Sorry, I don't have any experience in rim repair outside of my friend going and getting the lip on 3 of his VOLK rims bent back into shape.:dunno:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Steal PGA's wheels next time he is on the east coast...

Seriously, I have not heard of anyone getting their's fixed. So I don't now if it works or not.

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
There is a place in New Jersey that fixes up scratched rims. I might try them out next month. I will post pics of the rims before and after.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had similar sratches a few months ago, about an inch long X about an inch wide, and I took them to a local wheel and tire shop. They sent them out to be dipped, polished, and repainted. They look 100%. It only cost about $75 for one rim and they did a great job. I hope you can find a good place to do this, becaus it is much cheaper than buying new rims. This is a pic from after they were fixed, sorry i didn't take any before, but the scrathes were pretty nasty along the rim and near the center of the spokes. Good luck.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts