Acura World banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
traveling party animal
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Called and made an appointment for today at 2:30pm. They tell me longest it'll take to fix my car is til 5:00pm. I get there at 5 and they tell me they might have to keep it a few days. To top it off, they tell me they're all out of loaner cars so they get me an enterprise rent a car. A GEO PRISM !!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT??!?!

BTW, reason I took it in is because the navi flickers a bit at night when it's dimmed out. It is constant flickering. It's not to the point where i can't see but it sure is annoying. ARG I AM SOO PISSED !! :bash: should i complain to acura until they give me something?

i need a hug

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
amuro129 said:
Called and made an appointment for today at 2:30pm. They tell me longest it'll take to fix my car is til 5:00pm. I get there at 5 and they tell me they might have to keep it a few days. To top it off, they tell me they're all out of loaner cars so they get me an enterprise rent a car. A GEO PRISM !!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT??!?!

BTW, reason I took it in is because the navi flickers a bit at night when it's dimmed out. It is constant flickering. It's not to the point where i can't see but it sure is annoying. ARG I AM SOO PISSED !! :bash: should i complain to acura until they give me something?

i need a hug
well, demand them to give you an acura loaner as soon as they are back. geo..... sigh.... ridiculous......

:grouphug:

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Throtex said:
Can't they just give you your car until the parts they need come in? It's not like it's a critical failure or something...
well sometimes they don't even want you to know what they have done to your car. for example if they have ripped the whole console apart, they definitely don't want you to see that

·
Registered
16,773 Posts
rominl said:

well sometimes they don't even want you to know what they have done to your car. for example if they have ripped the whole console apart, they definitely don't want you to see that
Well, they can just put it back together in the mean time :D God man, must I think of everything? ;)

I wish the simple concept of the luxury marque applied to all of the dealers as well, but you'll see crappy service with every brand at many dealers... it really sucks.

One question... how reliable is juding a dealer by the "Acura Precision Team" award? I know my dealer is a Precision Team Acura Dealer (Radley Acura in Arlington, VA) and I have nothing but mostly good things to say about them so far...

·
traveling party animal
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Throtex said:
Well, they can just put it back together in the mean time :D God man, must I think of everything? ;)

I wish the simple concept of the luxury marque applied to all of the dealers as well, but you'll see crappy service with every brand at many dealers... it really sucks.

One question... how reliable is juding a dealer by the "Acura Precision Team" award? I know my dealer is a Precision Team Acura Dealer (Radley Acura in Arlington, VA) and I have nothing but mostly good things to say about them so far...
I believe acura of pasadena is a precision team dealer as well. i really should have argued until i got a GOOD replacement car. sigh......geo prism............... :mad:

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
amuro129 said:

I believe acura of pasadena is a precision team dealer as well. i really should have argued until i got a GOOD replacement car. sigh......geo prism............... :mad:
like i said amuro, talk to them tomorrow until they give you a better car. imho the geo is really an insult.....

seriously i don't think the term precision team means anything..... maybe there are one or two good guys, but seriously i think there are always whole bunch of a-holes around doing nothing but mistakes....

ok, just for the fun, Throtex, god knows if they pried it open and now not able to put it back, or they even broke something and desperately ordering parts in.....

but seriously, if they opened up the whole console and especially the dvd system (screen part), i don't think they would bother to put it back so you can drive it back. no sweat amuro.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Throtex said:
The Precision Team award is based on customer satisfaction surveys. There is one awarded for sales, and one for the service departments. Chances are that if they are a Precision Team dealer, you'll have a good experience there, because others have.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I think they take too long to do service. I wanted to make an appointment to fix this very annoying roof rattle, he said it would take AT LEAST a day. but most likely two days to fix it. I asked him for a loaner since I will be out of a car for those days, and I need a vehicle. Nope nope, i can't get a loaner. :bs: Also, i personally think Thomas Acura does a faster and better job than Pasadena. the only reason I try out Pasadena first is they are closer to me. but I always end up going to Thomas Acura. They fix my rattles/squeak at the spot. :rolleyes: also, i scrape my exhaust system getting into Acura of Pasadena's small service area. :D

·
Jack This
2,318 Posts
Throtex said:
rominl said:
ok, just for the fun, Throtex, god knows if they pried it open and now not able to put it back, or they even broke something and desperately ordering parts in.....

but seriously, if they opened up the whole console and especially the dvd system (screen part), i don't think they would bother to put it back so you can drive it back.
Gentlemen, plain and simple, it's LABOR! Under warranty they are not going to double their labor hours just so you can get your car back for a day or two while waiting for parts. Even though it'd only take an hour or two to reassemble, multiply that by $72/hour. $144 is more than the gas they are going to shell out for your loaner (or total cost of renting you a GEO) so.......you can see they are just saving $$. Now, if you want to pay for the labor of having them put it back together and take it apart again later.....I'm sure they wouldn't mind taking your $$. :D

·
traveling party animal
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yuuichi said:
I think they take too long to do service. I wanted to make an appointment to fix this very annoying roof rattle, he said it would take AT LEAST a day. but most likely two days to fix it. I asked him for a loaner since I will be out of a car for those days, and I need a vehicle. Nope nope, i can't get a loaner. :bs: Also, i personally think Thomas Acura does a faster and better job than Pasadena. the only reason I try out Pasadena first is they are closer to me. but I always end up going to Thomas Acura. They fix my rattles/squeak at the spot. :rolleyes: also, i scrape my exhaust system getting into Acura of Pasadena's small service area. :D
where did you buy your car? and where the heck is thomas acura? i bought my car at acura of pasadena. If i bring my car to another dealer do they do warranty repair there as well?

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
amuro129 said:
To top it off, they tell me they're all out of loaner cars so they get me an enterprise rent a car. A GEO PRISM !!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT??!?!
:lol:

I'll try to make you feel better. There's a member who got GEO METRO for loaner. :eek:

It's all good buddy!! :bigok:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Re: Re: screw acura of pasadena

songoku said:

:lol:

I'll try to make you feel better. There's a member who got GEO METRO for loaner. :eek:

It's all good buddy!! :bigok:
Not very funny, Paul. Not funny at all.

Acura really needs to work on the loaner car aspect of their service.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I feel your pain!!! I was driving around my parents Geo Prism before I made the huge jump to the TLs, hehe! That sucker gets incredible gas milage though, mine never went below 32mpg, and on my trip from south carolina to boston it was avg over 70mpg :eek:

At any rate it is no replacement for any Acura car, especially a TL/CL.

Good luck!

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
Re: Re: Re: screw acura of pasadena

Bebber said:

Not very funny, Paul. Not funny at all.

Acura really needs to work on the loaner car aspect of their service.
Oooops!!! I didn't know you were there, Josh. :wired: :wired: :wired:

Please forgive me!! :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.