Acura World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought 2004 TL from co-worker. I could not enter correct Security Code when prompted. The seller did not know the code either. Now I just get LOCKED when I hit the talk button and do not have the code. I am confused on NAVI, (this car does not have it), vs radio code vs security code. Acura site refers to "Device Code". There is no device. I started by selecting "Security, New Password, and then I was prompted for the old Security Password/Code. Help appreciated..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Earlier TL info obtained from an Acura tech.

There may be an unlock or device code on left side of glovebox door when open. Ask a dealer if that number doesn't help. I own a previous gen TL. Was told by a local tech to unhook battery, then hook back up. Turn key on & you should hold down the 1 & 6 bottoms at the same time until the number comes up on screen. First set of numbers will have a u in front of them, the second set should have an l in the set. Disregard the letters & save the numbers. An Acura tech should be able to get your unlock code from those numbers if that works on your year TL. Hope it works for you & good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts