Acura World banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Jack This
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just thought I'd share....

...I made my own clear floor mat protectors. Total cost $6 at home depot. What do you think?? Corny or OK?

thx

Attachments

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
evolaerok said:
They look good, good way to keep carpets new too... MAn I should have done this for the CO winters, cause my ACURA is fad'n...:(
since the second day i got my car i bought those clear mats immediately. my car is parchemnt and with the tiny bit of dirt you see it immediately........ bad thing about my clear mats is that they dont' relaly fit well. in fact i have checked and unless it's custom made it will slip easily..... fyi acp has it for sale for 40 or 50 bucks

·
Yuck Foo
2,589 Posts
baggsTLS said:
Hey guys, just thought I'd share....

...I made my own clear floor mat protectors. Total cost $6 at home depot. What do you think?? Corny or OK?

thx
What kind of material is that?

Carpet runners with little spikes on the bottom?

·
Jack This
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, carpet runners with little spikes. But this one has very few spikes, sooooo I held them in place with binder clips. Just had to remove the chrome "handle". You can't even tell they're there with the ebony interior.

$6 sure beats $40 from ACP.

·
magic number ==> 69
318 Posts
man, that looks good and clean 2, good job:beerchug:

·
Jack This
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah...I wasn't sure about the whole "batman" looking runner, but it turned out nice. AND saved my a$$ when I accidently spilled some leather protector today. :dumbass:

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Looks nice if a bit Ghetto :bigok:

I bought a pair of Acura all-weather mats from my dealership for $40, and they're in there all the time.

·
Rice Admirer
1,029 Posts
I dont get those. Its like leaving the plastic on the couches, or the plastic on your seat after being in the shop. Sure it will keep it new looking, but if your not runnin in mud or something, just leave the mats bare, clack your feet off before gettin in. Ive never ruined mats, and any stain can get out rather easily. It doesnt look good in my opinion, it's kinda like the carpet dash covers. :rolleyes:

The mats are there to protect the carpet. Whats next, Covers for your Mat covers, for your Mats, for your carpet. Too many layers!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
my99tl said:
I dont get those. Its like leaving the plastic on the couches, or the plastic on your seat after being in the shop.
It's generally used to protect your mats from liquids like rainwater, mud or melting snow.

Yeah, I have uncle who insists on wrapping every remote control unit in the house in plastic. It's pretty awful :D I'd keep the covers for the mats off unless I think it's going to rain/snow.

Or get all-weather mats like I did, and just leave em in there.

·
Jack This
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
The problem I experience are passengers who ultimately decide it's OK to walk through oil spots in a parking lot and feel its fine to get in the car afterwards without wiping their feet. :mad:

Plus, my last car had light grey interior, so the mats looked like crap after 100k miles.

Anyway...it's just been a $6 test. Glad I didn't spend $40 like others have.

maybe we could cove the mat, with a mat, and then put clear coat protectant on it, hmmmmm.........just kidding.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.