Acura World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is the scenario....

One of my closest friends is getting married this month. He and his fiancee asked if I would sing their first/opening song when they arrive at the reception. #1 I am not a member of the band(or any) that is playing. #2 Since they are paying the band ... I sing the 1st song lol..

They said they wanted me to pick the song that i thought fit them as a couple the best... My delimma...

My thoughts were...

Savage Garden - "I knew I Loved You (before I met you)" .. Well I knew my friend and what he was looking for... when he met her I knew before he did she was the one for him...

Kenny Loggins - "Meet Me Halfway" - They both have had major issues in the past and it is a new begining for them both...

Bon Jovi - "Thank You" - Another good song that describes the way these two are and treat one another..

Righteous Brother - "Unchained Melody" - She loves the movie ghost and its pretty appropriate...

Whitney Houston/Jermian Jackson - "if You Say My Eyes Are Beuatiful" - her eyes are incredible.... ice blue ... And his are pretty much the same.. and they both have a sickening habit of staring into each others.... eccchhhh ....

Ok now im serious here .. any favorites... or other ideas ... my vocal range is pretty much covered here... nothing to bass ..... and please be serious and dont PW ... hijack any of my other posts .. but this is one thing I cant fock up...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?? awwwe shiet come on...

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,527 Posts
I kinda like Unchained Melody...thats just me though.

·
Premium Member
13,838 Posts
I remember the Kenney Loggins song, but the other 3 are just vaguely familiar - links?

·
Registered
897 Posts
I say don't go with something too obvious. Savage Garden... ghey. Unchained Melody... obvious. The other three I haven't heard so I can't comment. I think the most played wedding song last year was Shania Twain's "You're Still the One," just fyi.

·
baby polar bear
1,755 Posts
I am gonna say Kenny Loggins just because I like his songs :)

I wish I could remember the different songs that were sung at the like 4 weddings I went to last year, but I only think that I recognized one of them anyway :eek:

Good luck and I am sure that you will do fine :thumbsup:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK now were getting somewhere LOL ... no consensus ... lol but nonetheless feeback... I like Loggins too .. been to 5 weddigns in the past 2 years and he wasnt played at any so its at least getting points for originality..

Now .... any ladies have opinions?

·
Registered
897 Posts
NightHawkTypeS said:
Now .... any ladies have opinions?
:sqnteek:

Originally posted by CL-S-Bo
I say don't go with something too obvious. Savage Garden... ghey. Unchained Melody... obvious. The other three I haven't heard so I can't comment. I think the most played wedding song last year was Shania Twain's "You're Still the One," just fyi.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Uhhmnn No .... there wasnt any oversight ... I asked for ladies .....

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CLS-Bo is an angel.... :angel: a goddess:couple:

I wouldnt demote her to a mere lady :D

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
NightHawkTypeS said:
Ok here is the scenario....

One of my closest friends is getting married this month. He and his fiancee asked if I would sing their first/opening song when they arrive at the reception. #1 I am not a member of the band(or any) that is playing. #2 Since they are paying the band ... I sing the 1st song lol..

Mandy Moore - Its gonna be Love!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Re: Serious question.. wedding song

Scorpius said:

Mandy Moore - Its gonna be Love!
Yeah... Im gonna have to say no on that one... even with tight underwear on I cant get that alto LOL

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
What about Nat King Cole's "Unforgettable"? Yes, it's popular but it's also a classic.... Or Frank Sinatra's "The Way You Look Tonight". It's a little more uptempo, but it's a great song to capture the moment. Going in a different direction, Lonestar's "Amazed" is good, and is declining in popularity so you won't have heard it at every wedding in the last 6 months. Oh, and Bryan Adam's "Heaven".... Nobody did power ballads like they did in the '80s. ;)

One final possibility is Depeche Mode's "Somebody". That's a great song, and one that's not overused. It's one of my absolute favorites. Here are the lyrics (courtesy of www.getlyrics.com):

I want somebody to share
Share the rest of my life
Share my innermost thoughts
Know my intimate details
Someone who'll stand by my side
And give me support
And in return
She'll get my support
She will listen to me
When I want to speak
About the world we live in
And life in general
Though my views may be wrong
They may even be perverted
She will hear me out
And won't easily be converted
To my way of thinking
In fact she'll often disagree
But at the end of it all
She will understand me

I want somebody who cares
For me passionately
With every thought and with every breath
Someone who'll help me see things
In a different light
All the things I detest
I will almost like
I don't want to be tied
To anyone's strings
I'm carefully trying to steer clear
Of those things
But when I'm asleep
I want somebody
Who will put their arms around me
And kiss me tenderly
Though things like this
Make me sick
In a case like this
I'll get away with it

Here's a site that has over 400 suggestions for first dance songs. You might find some additional ideas....First Dance Songs

-Maria

·
Fire-Breathing Femme
6,081 Posts
OK - I've been to 5 weddings in the past year, and since most of the people were country fanatics, I've got that genre on the brain - but they're great songs, nonetheless:

Keeper of the Stars - can't remember?
When You Say Nothing At All - Keith Whitley or Allison Krauss
I Want To Be Your Everything - Keith Urban
You Move Me - Garth Brooks
To Make You Feel My Love - Garth Brooks or Bob Dylan
Amazed - Lone Star (Maria already suggested)
It's Your Love - Tim McGraw

That's all I can think of at this hour of the morning. :) Good luck!

·
Registered
7,736 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Serious question.. wedding song

NightHawkTypeS said:

Yeah... Im gonna have to say no on that one... even with tight underwear on I cant get that alto LOL

Oh... you're going to sing... I forgot about that.
Switchfoot - Only Hope?
Switchfoot - You

·
Registered
464 Posts
mfnlaw said:
What about Nat King Cole's "Unforgettable"? Yes, it's popular but it's also a classic.... Or Frank Sinatra's "The Way You Look Tonight". It's a little more uptempo, but it's a great song to capture the moment. Going in a different direction, Lonestar's "Amazed" is good, and is declining in popularity so you won't have heard it at every wedding in the last 6 months. Oh, and Bryan Adam's "Heaven".... Nobody did power ballads like they did in the '80s. ;)

One final possibility is Depeche Mode's "Somebody". That's a great song, and one that's not overused. It's one of my absolute favorites. Here are the lyrics (courtesy of www.getlyrics.com):

I want somebody to share
Share the rest of my life
Share my innermost thoughts
Know my intimate details
Someone who'll stand by my side
And give me support
And in return
She'll get my support
She will listen to me
When I want to speak
About the world we live in
And life in general
Though my views may be wrong
They may even be perverted
She will hear me out
And won't easily be converted
To my way of thinking
In fact she'll often disagree
But at the end of it all
She will understand me

I want somebody who cares
For me passionately
With every thought and with every breath
Someone who'll help me see things
In a different light
All the things I detest
I will almost like
I don't want to be tied
To anyone's strings
I'm carefully trying to steer clear
Of those things
But when I'm asleep
I want somebody
Who will put their arms around me
And kiss me tenderly
Though things like this
Make me sick
In a case like this
I'll get away with it

Here's a site that has over 400 suggestions for first dance songs. You might find some additional ideas....First Dance Songs

-Maria
maria, did I ever mention just how damn sexy you are???

·
Registered
464 Posts
Driven said:
Died in your arms tonight - Don't know who sings it.
I know I'd love that one at my wedding.
that would be the Cutting Crew!

cool 80's song!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts