Acura World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My shift lock is engaging and I have to use a key to get it shift out of park. It does this intermittently though. I had to do it all day yesterday and this morning it works fine. I saw something about the brake switch being bad and then the brake lights not working, but the brake lights seem to be working fine.

Anyone else with the same problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
My shift lock is engaging and I have to use a key to get it shift out of park. It does this intermittently though. I had to do it all day yesterday and this morning it works fine. I saw something about the brake switch being bad and then the brake lights not working, but the brake lights seem to be working fine.

Anyone else with the same problem?
My shift lock will work sometimes for 2 weeks at a time and then not at all for a while. I have a piece of wooden dowel stuck in the release hole and take it out after it's worked right for several days. I suspect it may have something to do with the ignition switch as sometimes if it doesn't shift out of park I'll shut off the engine and restart it and it will work. Any solutions out there?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts