Acura World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our tires on 2008 TL (wide 245s, not 235s) are seriously scalloped! ... need to replace struts. The mechanic is recommending OEM parts. Are there any advantages to Koni, Tokiko, or the like?

And on the tire subject, should I go with the narrower 235s this time? Did the tire width contribute to the problem?
We are doing the shocks/struts, tires and 4-wheel alignment, too.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
It's hard to say if the 245s contributed to the issue, but I'd tend to doubt it. How long have the 245s been on the car, and did you see any evidence of scalloping on the tires that were on there before? Did they have an even wear pattern when you replaced them?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
update...

Dude at Americas Tire said that every Bridgestone Potenza Grid tire he's ever seen, including all that he's sold out of A.T., have scalloped and that I'll get a credit on the tires.
So, even if the tires are prone to scallop/cupping, I'm still gonna have all 4 struts done + 4-wheel align. Looking back, I always figured the odd wheel noise was wheel bearings/assembly. Friends said that, too. And, the wheel noise did coincide with the purchase of those Potenza Grids 2+ years ago.

Still have a question about the after market struts. OEM or Koni, or Tokiko?
thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.