Acura World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time poster.

I have a 2007 Acura RDX. Just recently the navigation system has been requesting the lock code in order to boot. The problem is inconsistent, but since it is driven mostly by my wife, it is a major inconvenience. Once the code is entered, the system operates well. My question is whether something may be causing the system to disconnect and require a lock code. There does not seem to be any other issue electrically that I have seen. Once the code is entered, the system continues to operate until the car is turned off. Then approximately 25% of the time, the code will need to be entered.

My wife enjoys the vehicle and this is really the first major inconvenience I have had with the car.

Thanks in advance for any assistance

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
This is often caused by a loss of battery power, a low or poor battery condition or a poor ground. If it's cold where you are and the lock code is requested more often after a period where the vehicle is sitting idle, it might be a good idea to have your battery checked.

There are more in depth diagnostics, but I'd start there, as it's the simplest thing to examine :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.