Acura World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Fire-Breathing Femme
6,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I know it sounds ghey, but I'm really badly wanting to take this job...

Get this - I get paid $750 a week (once I'm a full-time emp, but that's another issue) + commission (sliding scale based on # of referrals) to scout for fashion/print/promotional models anywhere in Central Florida.

This means I can bring Munchie with me everywhere I go and not have to put her in daycare, and I'd get paid to go places and do things I would normally (there's LOTS of beautiful people at my gym and in my neighborhood, for example, and I'm sure I'll see some at Bike Week this weekend).

Here's the catch - my bennies don't kick in for 90 days, and right now I'm carrying our healthcare coverage. :(

I could try to work out a deal with my current company to work as a contractor and keep my bennies - considering I can make my own schedule as a scout - but I don't want to bring it up and be fired...

What do you think???? Doing this would allow me the time to do all the techie stuff I enjoy on the side...AND I'd get to spend time with Maddie...

·
Registered
14,297 Posts
i say do it... and i could model for ya.... but no nudes... well maybe. ;)

Also, i think you will need a helper to help dress the female models... and yes im willing to do that too also. Im just nice like that. So I say do it, sounds like fun, and you wont be a nerd anymore.. uh i mean, HI.

DO IT! :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
If it affects your going to Vegas in any way shape or form, then NO, you shouldn't! :nono: :p ;)

·
Moderator?
9,790 Posts
There's something called cobra that lets you keep your coverage for a while but you have to pay for it. I don't know if you can do it if you quit or if you have to be fired. Check with HR.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
mdaniel said:
There's something called cobra that lets you keep your coverage for a while but you have to pay for it. I don't know if you can do it if you quit or if you have to be fired. Check with HR.
YOu can get Cobra if you quit. But it's a rip-off. When with the company I paid $6/month for health insurance. Same coverage with Cobra was $300/mo when I left. I just got independant coverage that was almost as good as what I had with the company for $70/mo. So for them, I'm sure Cobra would be unbelievable... probably on the order of $1000/mo :eek: :eek:

Cobra is a typical gov't law. They pat themselves on the back after they enact a law to make sure people don't go without coverage but the price is so ridiculous no one would even want it. Morons.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Phoenix said:
OK, so I know it sounds ghey, but I'm really badly wanting to take this job...
My poli sci teacher's son is a talent scout. We were talking today about this in class (just why I don't know) and she says its a cut-throat back-stabbing industry.

You'd be perfect. ;) :D

·
I WANT YOU!
5,777 Posts
You have a fashion sense? :rolleyes: ;)

·
Fire-Breathing Femme
6,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wyle E. Coyote said:
You have a fashion sense? :rolleyes: ;)
Well, I do clean up rather well - when I MUST. ;)

I actually dabbled in modeling when I was in high school, believe it or not...I was in a beef commercial (my 15 seconds of fame). :D

Backstabbing? Cut-throat? Good thing I have recent experience in those matters! :squintfin

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
Phoenix said:

Well, I do clean up rather well - when I MUST. ;)

I actually dabbled in modeling when I was in high school, believe it or not...I was in a beef commercial (my 15 seconds of fame). :D

Backstabbing? Cut-throat? Good thing I have recent experience in those matters! :squintfin
you were a....beef commercial....model? beef as in....cow? :sqnteek: you really shed those pounds recently, didn't you!! ;) j/k!! :D

·
Registered
463 Posts
i could use a few of those beautiful people (females, that is!) in one of my home made adult movies. can you hook me up?:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts