Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was wondering if its possible to have my trunk lift up then go in stragiht instead of just popping up all the way...many show cars do this...and IF it does work...would my "trunk" remote button still work? Thanks...

·
Registered
56 Posts
like this:

:D

:boink:

·
Registered
56 Posts
as far as i know...why would it work? It would use the same latch as the old trunk would and it's the same trunk, you're probably just changing the bars on how it opens. As far as the remote, the trunk release is tied to the same button as the trunk button on the door, so Yea...it would work!

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts

·
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TOMMMY TL_S!!!!!

shiet!~ thats the exact same picture i was gonna put on here...(got it from ebay)...how much do you guys think i should spend on this trunk mod? maybe $30? less or more? whats good price?

this mod worth any? i think it looks cool...thanks for all the inputs guys...now i gotta look for a good price... :D

oh and one more...
IF i can use the remote...would the trunk pop then automatically move to the last position? meaning...would it pop up, then shift inward, just by holding the trunk button? or would it just pop...then i lift and push in?

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Originally posted by [TL]Ridah
how much do you guys think i should spend on this trunk mod? maybe $30? less or more? whats good price?
Those "kits w/instructions" were selling for $10 on eBay...eventually went down to $.99 + $5 shipping...

·
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh johnny!!!

link it here link it....i found one on ebay with green neon pictures for like 20-30...but my other friend...got it off for $8? i think...or something like that... you wanna link me that $.99 trunk lift kit? thanks.... this mod seems lil ricey...but i think its cool how it goes then pushes in...

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
Re: oh johnny!!!

[TL]Ridah said:
link it here link it....i found one on ebay with green neon pictures for like 20-30...but my other friend...got it off for $8? i think...or something like that... you wanna link me that $.99 trunk lift kit? thanks.... this mod seems lil ricey...but i think its cool how it goes then pushes in...
Yeah, you master of torsion spring!!! :naughty:

Post a link ASAP!!

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Originally posted by [TL]Ridah
link it here link it....i found one on ebay with green neon pictures for like 20-30...but my other friend...got it off for $8?
$8 is about right...people started copying the person who first posted it and kept dropping the prices. I don't think the guy who was selling the stuff for a buck still has them up, but all they sell you is an instruction list and parts list that you get from the hardware store. Ask your friend for the instructions and what parts he needed. I'll look for the link and if I find it, I'll post it for you.

·
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks!!!

thanks guys...man...u guys are supportive!!! hehe...yea...my friend has the instructions...(for mazda protege) but I'm going to compare his trunk v.s. mine today to see if there are any "major" differences...if not...i'll test this mod on my trunk...and maybe post here how-to-do flip flop trunks for anyone interested...

i forget...but someone sent me that MAXIMA site...and that member who tried the trunk trick on his car used parts from Home Depot and seemed like it cost less then $10 bucks...so...(it looked cheap though) i'll try to make it decent looking... Thanks for all the help guys!!! very much appreciated...:)

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
I've seen on Mustang & Civic. Now I need to see with TL. :cool:

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
rominl:
Sure are...if anyone is familiar with the Dreamcast game Phantasy Star Online...you can dupe (duplicate) items in the game (it's an online game with other players). I started duping items and made $300...then I sold the instructions on HOW to dupe items and made $700. Total time spent on doing all this...2 hours duping items...15 minutes writing the instructions. Ah I love cheap ways to make cash :D. Thank god for eBay.

Austin519

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
Austin519 said:
Ah I love cheap ways to make cash :D.
Everyone does Austin! :D ;)

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
Austin519 said:
rominl:
Sure are...if anyone is familiar with the Dreamcast game Phantasy Star Online...you can dupe (duplicate) items in the game (it's an online game with other players). I started duping items and made $300...then I sold the instructions on HOW to dupe items and made $700. Total time spent on doing all this...2 hours duping items...15 minutes writing the instructions. Ah I love cheap ways to make cash :D. Thank god for eBay.

Austin519
damnit austin, lunch on you? :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.