Acura World banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
GOT RICE?
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how come my side air bag light is always on when im driving alone? but if i have a passenger the light goes off.

whats up with that?

does that mean if i get into an accident the side air bags wont deploy?:dunno:

·
Bling_Bling INSPIRE 32V
3,018 Posts
That's normal. Try not to lean against the side airbags.

·
Registered
8,020 Posts
TunerTL-S said:
how come my side air bag light is always on when im driving alone? but if i have a passenger the light goes off.

whats up with that?

Are you placing something on the passenger seat (i.e. briefcase, a bag, etc.)? The passenger seat has sensors in it to detect if the passenger isn't sitting properly. In those cases, it will not deploy the side airbag.

It has happened to me a few times where I've placed a grocery bag or other object on the seat and the light would turn on.

·
magic number ==> 69
318 Posts
yup, it always happen when my life is on the car, she always sitting leannin toward the window. It's really anoying when it lite up all the time, but she said she like it that way so.....:dunno: :dunno:

·
Registered
1 Posts

whats up with that?

Try checking the crack between the seat back and the seat cushion. I found a hair brush in mine. It provided just enough pressure to turn the light on. Removing the brush solved the problem. Lean the seatback and clean all objects you find out. I don't know if this will solve your problem but it worked for me. 2003 Acura TLX.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts