Acura World banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so this dude at my school thinks he's pretty badass cuz he just got an old 5.0. Yesterday after school he rolled up on my crew (like 4 of us in a line) and went to the first person in the like and said to my boy "you ain't shit!!" and started reving. He drove off.
Today when I went to lunch (I had 2 other people in the car, they both are in the same group as the previous day) and I see the guy in the stang again and my boys were like "there he is go get his ass!" so I followed him (he was with 1 other person) and he turned down a wide ass street. He saw me and started to take off. I downshfted to 2nd into the turn and floored it. I spun tires through the whole turn and straightened out. I easily caught up to him and I hear him punching the shit out of his car. lol I just flew past him and flashed the hazards. We got caught at a light behind some cars and he started reving on me:rolleyes: then his boy rolled down the window and was like "peice of shit" LOL
I thought 5.0's were fast as hell.
Now I think this dude is gonna bust out my windows or scratch my car:(

sorry for the long post:D

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Its a Ford... he's lucky he got it started.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Bawlin_on_18s said:
man, i usually come across stang drivers and they're so cocky. its a good think you showed him up....represent! LOL

I didn't think we could take a 5.0...

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scorpius said:

neither did I:dunno: I lost to a 5.0 before at a light but this one I just walked his ass:p

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Stock 5.0 5-speed is 6.7 seconds to 60, 215 HP, 285 lb-ft. They kill us off the line with torque, but our higher redline and flat power curve take them at the end. They run a 15.1 stock too so we'll beat them stock for stock in the quarter due again to our higher RPM.

badazzTL said:

neither did I:dunno: I lost to a 5.0 before at a light but this one I just walked his ass:p

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
Scorpius said:

I KNOW we can... I'm like 3-0 against those POS's...

I've never really heard about any CL-S losing to one :dunno: (unless they're highly modded).. I guess I was lucky that the ones I ran into were mostly stock...

DOM :D

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
The problem with rustangs is that all it takes is an intake, an exhaust, and a decent driver and they can SMOKE even a CLS with I/H/E. With those BPUs (Basic Performance Upgrades) on the 302 pushrod V-8 from the 96 GT, they can easily push some SERIOUS power. For example, if you drop $1500 on a set of heads and an intake to the totally stock 5.0, you get 50rwhp. :eek:

Dom418 said:

I KNOW we can... I'm like 3-0 against those POS's...

I've never really heard about any CL-S losing to one :dunno: (unless they're highly modded).. I guess I was lucky that the ones I ran into were mostly stock...

DOM :D

·
Registered
5,999 Posts
I know.... there are Crazy mods out for those engines... are they are so Damn CHEAP...

autoxCLS said:
The problem with rustangs is that all it takes is an intake, an exhaust, and a decent driver and they can SMOKE even a CLS with I/H/E. With those BPUs (Basic Performance Upgrades) on the 302 pushrod V-8 from the 96 GT, they can easily push some SERIOUS power. For example, if you drop $1500 on a set of heads and an intake to the totally stock 5.0, you get 50rwhp. :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.