Acura World banner

Smoked and Toasted a NSX at the track...

2K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  fahoumh 
#1 ·
Destroyed, humilated, killed, smoked, crapped on...

a NSX at the track this past Friday. All this was only possible because the guy was cocky as shit and couldn't drive worth anything. He had a Type R tranny in there w/ drag radials on his car w/ 'stuff' done to it. I'm sure that I could have taken him otherwise, but not by this much of a margin!

I have a video of his race w/ me. He ended up running a 13.5 and I hit a 12.7. Even w/ drag radials, his 60' times were higher than mine were on street tires. Mine were all in the 2.04 - 2.09 range, while he was at 2.1-2.2 w/ his drags.

After I called him over and told him, "Hey, you need to feather that clutch and also what RPM are you dropping at?", I got the response, "Dude, I own a shop, I know what I'm doing. I'm launching at 5500-6000RPM." Cocky SOB! These are the types of people who put a nice car like that to shame, even though I'm not a fan of the NSX.

#4 ·
Re: Destroyed, humilated, killed, smoked, crapped on...

Z OOH 6 said:
After I called him over and told him, "Hey, you need to feather that clutch and also what RPM are you dropping at?", I got the response, "Dude, I own a shop, I know what I'm doing. I'm launching at 5500-6000RPM."
It must not be a successful shop :rolleyes: I doubt anyone would want to give a jerk-ass like that any money.:bash:

#6 ·
Re: Destroyed, humilated, killed, smoked, crapped on...

Z OOH 6 said:
a NSX at the track this past Friday. All this was only possible because the guy was cocky as shit and couldn't drive worth anything. He had a Type R tranny in there w/ drag radials on his car w/ 'stuff' done to it. I'm sure that I could have taken him otherwise, but not by this much of a margin!

I have a video of his race w/ me. He ended up running a 13.5 and I hit a 12.7. Even w/ drag radials, his 60' times were higher than mine were on street tires. Mine were all in the 2.04 - 2.09 range, while he was at 2.1-2.2 w/ his drags.

After I called him over and told him, "Hey, you need to feather that clutch and also what RPM are you dropping at?", I got the response, "Dude, I own a shop, I know what I'm doing. I'm launching at 5500-6000RPM." Cocky SOB! These are the types of people who put a nice car like that to shame, even though I'm not a fan of the NSX.
i too can't stand arrogant people like that. One time i was working and we had a network problem. i suggest some solution and they guy goes I am about to go for my cisco ccie certification and you think you know better than me. I told him the basics are the basics. It does not change much, and eventually he listened to me since I esclated this issue to upper management and turned out to be i was right.

Same goes here, a fast car is not enuff to win a race. A good driver with strategy is just as important. I am glad u made him eat dust...
good kill

lil raja

#11 ·
Acura Nsx Pilot said:
it wasnt such a great kill since a zo6 stock can beat a nsx any day of the week ...... the nsx will never be a great car for drag racing....... although gerrry johnson is doing his best to change that with his twin turbo 500 hp nsx

His car is the feature ride right now on racingflix.com

http://www.racingflix.com/featuredride.asp?f=1

The post wasn't much for as a great 'kill'. It was more for the attitude I got for trying to help another fellow car enthusiast.

Lets not make this into something that its not. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride! :beerchug:

#16 ·
Acura Nsx Pilot said:

If it was about the guys attitude then why was this post titled "" Smoked n toasted a nsx at the track "" :rolleyes:
I can understand that if someone insulted your penis, that you'd need to get on the defensive, so I won't say much for your ':rolleyes:' at the end of your statement. Again, don't blow this out of proportion.

Let me put this into words that you might understand, "Its doesn't matter if you win by a inch or a mile, a win is a win."

#18 ·
Z OOH 6 said:

I can understand that if someone insulted your penis, that you'd need to get on the defensive, so I won't say much for your ':rolleyes:' at the end of your statement. Again, don't blow this out of proportion.

Let me put this into words that you might understand, "Its doesn't matter if you win by a inch or a mile, a win is a win."
Since your using quotes from FnF ...... it explains why you have the mentality that you do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.