Acura World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to post on these newsgroups as an escape from reality. I could come here to get a laugh, to get a chuckle, to talk about cars, to talk about anything I wanted. I could be whoever I wanted to be. I could be a 6'7 Puerto Rican named Dan. I could do whatever I wanted to do. It wasn't real to me. I could post whore all day and all night long. It was fun. It was an escape from reality. It was a whole new world. Nobody knew about me. Nobody knew about my past. Nobody cared. Everyone was just here to have a good time.

THen I started getting caught up in bitter feuds and rivalries. How did I become part of it? It all started becoming real again. I didn't want this to be real. I wanted it to be fake. My escape. And it feels like my escape is gone.

My girlfriend broke up with me. I am crying. It hurts me so much. It was all I had wanted. I had all I had wanted for a week. But then it got taken away. I can't describe my pain. I feel like I almost loved her. I cared about her. And that's it. No more. I'm Philip. I don't meet girls as easily as a lot of you do. I'm not some 300 lb musclebound weight lifter with dashing good looks. I'm twiggy. You all know that. It's hard for me to meet girls. I felt so lucky to go out with her. I felt so...special. I felt like someone. Not like the nobody that I really am. I tried so hard. For nothing. It was like tasting heaven before going to hell. I just dont know what to do. I really dont want to live anymore. But life must go on. People tell me there will be other girls. I don't want other girls. I wanted her. All I wanted. I would've given up my CL-S just to be with her. I would have given up all my worldly possessions just to hold her...hug her...I can't sleep or concentrate anymore. I feel like an emotional train wreck. I dreamed about her. I dreamed it was all a bad dream and that we were really still together. But that's all it was. A dream. And I woke back up to reality. She was my first kiss. I wanted this to last forever. When I held her I never wanted to let go. God....:bigcry:

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Damn, Phil. :( Sounds like if she only gave you like a week that she might not have been the right one anyway. :(

This shit is hard - it sucks. There are fucking assholes allover the world that condense on forums. There are so few real, and nice people in this world that those assholes prey on them. I'm glad to say I think you're one of those real, truly nice people, and I'm proud to know you. :beerchug:

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
If it makes you feel better my GF and I are about to break up. We're going on two years. feel free to PM me. We can compare notes.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Word of advice from a 30-something:

What don't kill you makes you stronger. It will pass. I promise. :)

I was 19 once and you were never 30. ;) I went through a tough time with a bitch-ass-ho-slut-backstabbing-piece of garbage named Sue. I can say that now....but back then it hurt.

Bottom line..... learn to discriminate . Each bad relationship made me yearn for someone special. I knew right way from the "experience" that each one wasn't worth the trouble.....I knew when Paula was "right".

Hang in there, bro. Most ppl indeed suck.

BTW, on a side note......these forums are :bs: . Nothing is sacred and no one is loyal. :rolleyes:

·
baby polar bear
1,755 Posts
sorry phil

ya know i have known you for a long time, and it really sucks to see you in this kind of position :(

feel free to aim any of us if you feel the need to talk.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Danda,

Sorry to hear that buddy :( . PM or IM me if you need to talk. I've been through this one too many times and know how you feel. There are other fish in the sea, you just have to open your eyes and reach out to them (or they might come to you).

Things are not always as they seem. Also, as Ken (Satin01, CLP, CowboyMan or whatever his name is this week) said, whatever doesn't kill you, just makes you stronger.

Come to Chicago, I'll find you someone.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Driven said:
........Things are not always as they seem. Also, as Ken (Satin01, CLP, CowboyMan or whatever his name is this week) ........
Learn the progression:

Satin01CL, SatinCL, Ken, & clp since 12/99. :jerkoff:

·
Yuck Foo
2,589 Posts
Phil... sorry to hear you are in the dumps. Time will heal your wounds. I've been through the same thing quite a few times and I'm still here. I'm actually going through the same thing right now. You've met my ex-girlfriend. She broke up with me almost two months ago after two years of being together. It is hard as hell to get through the days sometimes, but you just have to remember that you will get over it in time. Just try to focus on something else you enjoy and before you know it, you will be feeling better.

If you want to chat, you know how to reach me. Hang in there twiggy. :p

·
Yuck Foo
2,589 Posts
clp said:

BTW, on a side note......these forums are :bs: . Nothing is sacred and no one is loyal. :rolleyes:
Sorry to say, but I think you are wrong. I've met some great people on forums. Most of whom I've met in person eventually, but the start was on a forum. Don't be so negative. :rolleyes:

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys....really means a lot to me.

just hurts so damn much still....*sigh*

I'll get over her. It'll just take some time.

You'll notice how I edited the Winter Formal post and how some of your posts were edited. No offense intended by any of that.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
SidVicious said:

Sorry to say, but I think you are wrong. I've met some great people on forums. Most of whom I've met in person eventually, but the start was on a forum. Don't be so negative. :rolleyes:
Its his nature to be this way ;) :D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
Hey Phil,

Sorry to hear that man! if it makes you feel better you could call back Latetia back! If you need to talk to me, you know how to reach me. Here maybe this will cheer you up again...

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Phil my young lad .. its all about perspective and putting situations into one...

I for instance thought I found the woman of my dreams 2 years ago... Timing was off and she had a b/f so I waited it out... 6 months later we started dating.. She was the most gorgeous creature I ever laid my eyes on.. a combination of cameron diaz and michelle pfeifer... we got along great at first ... dated, sexed, hung out for 2 months... then I realized she drank a lot.. I mean a lot... alcoholic like... aqnd at the age of 26 for a girl that should be old and played out .. drinking like a college kis that is... So i made mellow comments yadda yadda yadda... the relationship degraded and I broke it off but maintained contact for another 2 months on a semi-regular basis...

So I went from chasing and landing the most exquisite lady I have ever seen to having nothing in a matter of months... Felt pretty horrible because I was all but certain she was the "one"... I didnt think things could possibly get or feel any worse... well after a few weeks I slowly started feeling a bit better... then as time goes on I displaced her from my heart.....

A year goes by and I am off to work in the morning.. I open my front door and a very large police officer is standing before me waiting for me to come out.. asks my name... I give it.. he hands me a stack of papers... and says youve been served...

Long and the short of it is that she is sueing me for mental and emotional distress.... as a result of my breaking up with her... for a seven figure amount... Nice considering I paid for all entertainment when we went out, always drove, took her and her mother to dinners, fireworks etc... She then decided to sue me as she knew I was financially viable to try and claim some money off.... needless to say Im still quite bitter .. having spent more then 10K in legal fees already ... on something that is SO FOCKING RIDICULOUS i could scream...

The moral of the story is that now I wish I could go back to feeling ultra crappy... self sympathetic, lonely and depressed oppsed to the legal circus I am entangled now..... And the very worst part is the first time I saw her again since we broke up was at depositions last month and realized that I still would play the fool to make things work... even in leui of all the bullshit thats going on... and no its not just to settle the case lol

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
NightHawkTypeS said:

Long and the short of it is that she is sueing me for mental and emotional distress.... as a result of my breaking up with her... for a seven figure amount... Nice considering I paid for all entertainment when we went out, always drove, took her and her mother to dinners, fireworks etc... She then decided to sue me as she knew I was financially viable to try and claim some money off.... needless to say Im still quite bitter .. having spent more then 10K in legal fees already ... on something that is SO FOCKING RIDICULOUS i could scream...

How could this possibly not IMMEDIATELY get thrown out by a judge? Seems to me that it should be pretty hard to get sued if you break off a relationship. Otherwise the court system would be completely jammed up with things of this nature. Perhaps there is more to this story?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Dude, sorry to here you go thru this stuff. But, we all go thru it. Trust me. As far as the picking up girls thing....that get's better with time too. I have become a true believer in everything happens for a reason. Just learn and move on. As far as these forums are concerened and the politics and stuff. That is pretty funny shit. Sorry, don't mean to be mean. When i found out that you were kicked off that other site i thought that it was funny that you could have politics in a "fake world". Oh well, i just think it is fun. I never ever sat on my computer till i found you guys (awwwwwwwe!!!) I think it is cool chit chatting with you all even if i don't know who the hell you are, but from what i see you have a lot of freinds here. So i wouldn't sweat it.

Plus you still have to teach me the ways of PWing. :D

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
NightHawkTypeS said:
Phil my young lad .. its all about perspective and putting situations into one...

The moral of the story is that now I wish I could go back to feeling ultra crappy... self sympathetic, lonely and depressed oppsed to the legal circus I am entangled now..... And the very worst part is the first time I saw her again since we broke up was at depositions last month and realized that I still would play the fool to make things work... even in leui of all the bullshit thats going on... and no its not just to settle the case lol

If I were you, I'd go to the press. Call up a few TV stations. Send a letter to Bill Oreilley on Foxnews... he loves this kind of stuff.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Scorpius said:

If I were you, I'd go to the press. Call up a few TV stations. Send a letter to Bill Oreilley on Foxnews... he loves this kind of stuff.
Guys ... beleive me there is not more to this story and I have been through it seven ways from Sunday... I was nothing but curteous, polite, and a gentlmen (1st time in my life) to this girl.... As far as getting it thrown out of court... well not in NJ :( My attorney's are undisputedly two of the best in NY, NJ, PA region who defend several high brow "independent busnissmen" and they have filed for summory judgement based on frivalous law suit acts and in NJ there is little to protect the accused.. and since it is a civil matter ( No criminal charges) there is little I can do aside from hire the best counsel I can afford to dispute the case... but ultimately she is looking for a gold-digger pay off and I am as stubborn as a mule since I had treated the women like a lady from the moment I met her until the last time we spoke so I'd rather spend every morsel of fiduciary matter i posess defending myself then to concede a $ .02 settlement for unsubstantiated paranoid delusions of an alcoholic...

·
Yuck Foo
2,589 Posts
NightHawkTypeS said:

Guys ... beleive me there is not more to this story and I have been through it seven ways from Sunday... I was nothing but curteous, polite, and a gentlmen (1st time in my life) to this girl.... As far as getting it thrown out of court... well not in NJ :( My attorney's are undisputedly two of the best in NY, NJ, PA region who defend several high brow "independent busnissmen" and they have filed for summory judgement based on frivalous law suit acts and in NJ there is little to protect the accused.. and since it is a civil matter ( No criminal charges) there is little I can do aside from hire the best counsel I can afford to dispute the case... but ultimately she is looking for a gold-digger pay off and I am as stubborn as a mule since I had treated the women like a lady from the moment I met her until the last time we spoke so I'd rather spend every morsel of fiduciary matter i posess defending myself then to concede a $ .02 settlement for unsubstantiated paranoid delusions of an alcoholic...
Can't you counter-sue her for the cost of your lawyers and time lost from work, etc, etc?

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I feel a lot better now.

Thanks for listening guys.

It hurts still but just not as much anymore...;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you ever want to talk, just come on over. No offense to anyone, but if you'd rather talk to a human than a message board, I'm here for you man. And if you want a :drink: just let me know. I'm not saying that underage drinking is good, or that drinking will help heal wounds, but every once in awhile it feels good. Whatever, enough of my rambling. You are a good guy Phil, don't feel bad.

-Nick

1 - 20 of 21 Posts