Acura World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wound up in San Pedro. :(

As a new resident of the LBC, I take it upon myself to think of alternate routes to and from work every day. This morning is the result of one of those routes gone wrong. I missed the turn in for my building, so I wound up on the 710, so I took the Ocean Blvd. exit but wound up going the wrong way on Ocean. Of course, there is nowhere to turn around so I could be going the RIGHT way, so I went OVER the Vincent Thomas Bridge INTO San Pedro, where everyone immediately decided they wanted to kill me... I don't know if SP is a bad town or if I was just in a bad neighborhood, but everyone I saw gave me this look like, "hey hey hey... blonde chick in a business suit.... fresh meat". :(

Somehow, due to my incredible homing-pigeon-like sense of direction, I made the correct combination of left and right turns to be going the right way, BACK over the bridge, into the city that I apparently don't know very well at all.... but I was 45 minutes late for work.

They understood though; by now they've figured out that, not only am I new to the town, I'm a total and complete idiot.

*sigh*

·
Moderator?
9,790 Posts
That's the funny thing about LA. There's sometimes just a mile or two between gangland and whiteyville. Be careful.

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
mdaniel said:
That's the funny thing about LA. There's sometimes just a mile or two between gangland and whiteyville. Be careful.
I lived in Venice for 12 years... One mile seperates two very distinct areas...:eek:

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
See, that's the thing... It's Long Beach, not LA... Long Beach is far enough away from LA to be considered its own... thing... I guess. :-/ But Long Beach also has a HUGE reputation for being badass... The part we live in is quite nice, really, and I work in downtown so it's almost like I never have to see the bad parts if I just go back and forth from home to work...

But then I do harebrained things like today and nearly get myself killed. *sigh*

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
AngelCL said:
See, that's the thing... It's Long Beach, not LA... Long Beach is far enough away from LA to be considered its own... thing... I guess. :-/ But Long Beach also has a HUGE reputation for being badass... The part we live in is quite nice, really, and I work in downtown so it's almost like I never have to see the bad parts if I just go back and forth from home to work...

But then I do harebrained things like today and nearly get myself killed. *sigh*
Damn out-of-towners :sqnteek: :D :p

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok back to work. Don't say anything interesting to me on the board until tomorrow; IM me.

·
Acuraworld Veteran
1,108 Posts
nootch said:

I lived in Venice for 12 years... One mile seperates two very distinct areas...:eek:
That's nothing NYC is the best known for that shit. You can live in a $2-10 million dollar penthouse facing Central Park around 80th Street, walk one fucking block over and it is Shit, pure fucking crap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts