Acura World banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mandi just dropped it off at Palm Beach Acura. They drove it and apparently said, "Under no circumstances can you drive this car away from here - it needs a new transmission". :rolleyes:

So I'm gonna call acura customer services - again - and make sure they push it through.

Damn - two acuras, 2 model years, 2 additional doors and the damned tranny still dies. :mad:

Waiting to see how long I can get one in - last time it was 22 days for the CLS. :(

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
wtf? are you serious sky?! i thought last time they changed the coil and it's good.. no? it's totally dead?! damn this sux....

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They gave Mandi a Ford focus. :bigcry:

They changed 4 solonoids and it was fine for like a month.

I opened a case with acura customer service and told em the only way I'd be happy is with an extended warranty at least on the tranny.

We'll see.

·
Registered
16,149 Posts
i hate this for you man. be sure to tell them that you support a website for THEIR products....maybe they're bound to treat you a little better than most.

and...i can't believe you got a Focus as a loaner. WTF? you BOUGHT a TL, and since Acura can't get their ish straight, you get stuck with a Focus? hell naw.

let us know if you want us to like....sign a petition on a letter to Acura or anything. 2 cars in 2 years is TOO much.

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hell - I AUTOCROSSED the CLS and it didn't die until 18-20k. The TLS has fuckin been BABIED compared to the CLS.

edgalang said:
:shakehed:

I'd be pissed if i was in your shoes...but off the record, how hard do you push it? I have 28K miles in mine doing nothing but daily driving and the tranny is still good. (knock on wood)

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
I'd more want a 100k extended bumper to bumper warranty
and
and AT THE VERY LEAST and RSX loaner...
shit i'd rather have an old legend or something off the lot
watch teh airbags dont deploy on you or the wheel doesnt fall off the focus

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
holy cow, talk about damned bad luck.

Here's hoping you get back inside ur ride quickly!

I would definetly push for more than just an extended warrantee bumper-to-bumper. Go for car payments, free goodies, whatever. They should give anything and everything to you after this sh*t happened, especially twice!

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
fahoumh said:
Shitty....I hope this doesn't make you change your mind about Acura :(
Naah - still one of the best deals out there.

Although the new G35 would have been a tough choice between the TLS.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
autoxCLS said:

Naah - still one of the best deals out there.

Although the new G35 would have been a tough choice between the TLS.
thats crazy, another blown tranny...i just wish there was some big TSB on the trannies so we can take it anytime even if we're outta factory warranty period

it sucks cuz these days i'm just waiting for my tranny to blow out and i hate having that in the back of my head.

and btw, the new g35 with the taillights re-done looks HOT...i wouldnt blame u for getting it.

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
well sky, after thinking about it, i think this is the LEAST you have to ask from acura, otherwise make it a damn case out of it!

1) another acura loaner, no way you have to stuck with your current car
2) they have to pay for your car during the time it's in the dealer
3) extended 100K warranty on everything
4) compensation on the time and money you wasted with acura
5) a formal report on what exactly went wrong with the tranny

seriously i think that's very reasonable

·
Purchased: April 28, 2001
1,440 Posts
rominl said:
well sky, after thinking about it, i think this is the LEAST you have to ask from acura, otherwise make it a damn case out of it!

1) another acura loaner, no way you have to stuck with your current car
2) they have to pay for your car during the time it's in the dealer
3) extended 100K warranty on everything
4) compensation on the time and money you wasted with acura
5) a formal report on what exactly went wrong with the tranny

seriously i think that's very reasonable
I think I'd personally shoot for only 3 and 5.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
ken2000ac said:

are you kidding? he's at least entitled to #1.

he bought an Acura and they're shafting him by giving him a Focus. it not HIS fault Acura can't make a reliable tranny.
def... if u go to a lex dealeror bimmer, u dont get a fuckin focus

·
I am no one
14,751 Posts
TommyBoiSxty9 said:

very true, i have yet to see someone who goes to lexus dealer for service and get anything other than a lexus.... heck you get a loaner even with an oil change!

·
That is all.....
5,936 Posts
TommyBoiSxty9 said:

Ken went to have his 5er serviced and he got a Pt Cruiser...:p

BTW Sky sorry to hear that. You seriouslly have the worst luck with the trannies. I for one don't baby mine worth a damn and things seem fine.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.