Acura World banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are we here ?
Is there some kind of “separation of powers” going on?
Is someone not getting along with Soopa?

I remember the hard time we had getting acura-cl.com going after the break from the TL site and honda-acura.net

Honestly I’m not real crazy about starting from the ground floor again and I’ve got to decide whose website sticker I’m going to be representing on my car.

Not wanting to ruffle feathers with the new management, but just curious.

Shawn S

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
I think everyone has their own reasons for this site being here. For some it may be personal, but for me it is not. The board has been pretty crappy with all the petty arguments. Also, I like the idea of having all models represented. Soopa is the one making everything personal. I carry no grudges. No one here is expected to choose one or the other. I for one will still remain a member of a-cl.com unless I become "unwelcome"

·
Registered
44 Posts
Shawn,

Did you follow the Mandi-Soopa battle? If not, go back and find it and read the whole thing - about 15 pages ("most likely to fly"). I think you'll find your answer there.

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,527 Posts
I'm here....no personal reasons or anything...just got way too much spare time on my hands ;)

I'm keeping in A-CL stickers on my car...no reason to take 'em off. Don't carry really that big of personal grudges over at A-CL...:dunno:

·
Premium Member
13,838 Posts
Well - I guess it's prime time for me to say why I'm here since I started this whole shebang with the idea.

First off, realize that this place would not be in existance without the support and help of the mods that helped create it.

I started with the idea some time ago - just never got around to it. I thought that there has to be a forum where it's still fun to do what we do, and not have a company looming over it, or even an individual for that matter. A forum for the members by the members. To quote someone who did the same 200 some years ago, "to form a more perfect union".

So we created this place. All of us. For the simple reason that we want something better than everything - not acura-cl, not acura-tl, not clubrsx, not acura-mdx.

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
I'm here to help friends out. No personal grudges against anyone, just helping start something new. Kind of like watching a child grow up.

·
Acuraworld Veteran
1,113 Posts
I still go to acl just as much, I just came here cause I saw an oppurtunity to be Such the Man. hahahha, nah i'm just fucking around. I can't wait to get some MDX bitches in here. Oh BTW, I OWN JOO ALL

·
Registered
491 Posts
I came...well, because Sky came crawling to me to join his site....:D

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
I came here to give this site a chance to be strong. This site is not rivaling against ACL, it's basically a site for every Acura model. I still go to ACL to post. Im still in the top 5 for posting! :D

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,527 Posts
Infamuz said:
I came here to give this site a chance to be strong. This site is not rivaling against ACL, it's basically a site for every Acura model. I still go to ACL to post. Im still in the top 5 for posting! :D
I'm #2 but soopas gonna overtake me real soon :(

Oh well...

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Dont worry about it! I will catch up to you soon at ACL! :D

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,527 Posts
Infamuz said:
Dont worry about it! I will catch up to you soon at ACL! :D
in yo dreams!

·
Registered
14,326 Posts
i still dont see how Amir got to 7k posts. He never posted THAT much.. IMO, i think he had it in with one of the Admin. :boink:

·
Registered
491 Posts

·
NO AMG, NO CARE
10,527 Posts
Crazy_AcurA said:
i still dont see how Amir got to 7k posts. He never posted THAT much.. IMO, i think he had it in with one of the Admin. :boink:
Remember the ill-fated hotties forum? He found the backdoor to it and posted like crazy in there. Think it earned him a temp ban or somethin ;)

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Iridium130 said:

Remember the ill-fated hotties forum? He found the backdoor to it and posted like crazy in there. Think it earned him a temp ban or somethin ;)

what you talking bout twiggy?:confused:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts