Acura World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, 99TL here, 170k miles, original owner. Hundreds of threads about transmission problems, but nobody mentions the strange socket needed to remove the tranny drain plug. My drain plug is round around he edges with a square-looking hole in the middle. It's not an Allen/hex-type hole. What type of socket fits this?

Thanks!!

·
Lost in the Garden State
309 Posts
Ok, 99TL here, 170k miles, original owner. Hundreds of threads about transmission problems, but nobody mentions the strange socket needed to remove the tranny drain plug. My drain plug is round around he edges with a square-looking hole in the middle. It's not an Allen/hex-type hole. What type of socket fits this?

Thanks!!
You can just put a 3/8" drive ratchet or breaker in there...no socket required!:hug:

Just don't overtorque it when replacing... :paranoid: And use a new aluminum crush washer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doh, thanks. I have a 1/2", need to get a 3/8". Wasn't sure if it was some special metric size socket atachment...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doh, thanks. I have a 1/2", need to get a 3/8". Wasn't sure if it was some special metric size socket attachment...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts