:eek: :eek: :eek:

So how'd you do??? (1/4-mile wise)

Moving to car talk :)

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
vince said:
Looks like fun. Also, I applaud you for having perhaps the only SN95 (that's what its called, isn't it?) without a spoiler of some sort.
I do have a spoiler, but take it off for the track. I have started to like the no spoiler look, though and will prolly get the holes filled up. Usually, SN95s (yes - correct term, Vince) look weak or like 6ers w/o the spoiler, but seeing mine in the pics and others that are lowered with big tires, they can look pretty sweet without it. Plus, with my blower on the way from UPS right now, I doubt anyone will be mistaking me for a 6er :boink:

Phil - track was HORRIBLE, couldn't hook for shit. best of the day was [email protected] on a 2.10 60' The car was running real strong, coulda been 12s if I could have hooked up.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Pull_T said:
I do have a spoiler, but take it off for the track. I have started to like the no spoiler look, though and will prolly get the holes filled up. Usually, SN95s (yes - correct term, Vince) look weak or like 6ers w/o the spoiler, but seeing mine in the pics and others that are lowered with big tires, they can look pretty sweet without it. Plus, with my blower on the way from UPS right now, I doubt anyone will be mistaking me for a 6er :boink:
Car and Driver did a little experiment regarding spoilers a while back. One of the test subjects was a Mustang Cobra. They found they could reduce drag and increase top speed by removing the spoiler. Just something to think about. :)

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
vince said:

Car and Driver did a little experiment regarding spoilers a while back. One of the test subjects was a Mustang Cobra. They found they could reduce drag and increase top speed by removing the spoiler. Just something to think about. :)
Yes, it has been pretty much "proven" in the mustang circles that the spoiler is good for ~.05 and 1 mph in "street car" time ranges and upwards of 3 tenths on high mph race dedicated cars (say 9-10 sec cars). That's why I take it off at the track. Only Civics gain performance from spoilers anyway. ;)

As far as top speed, I have seen references to ~4-5 mph differences in removing the very "draggy" SN95 spoiler.

·
Premium Member
13,827 Posts
Hey - in that first pic, it looks like you have an open differential - I thought the cobras got LSDs?

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
autoxCLS said:
Hey - in that first pic, it looks like you have an open differential - I thought the cobras got LSDs?
No it's not an open diff and I had my clutch packs rebuilt a few months back when I put the 4.30s in. No "One Wheel Peel" for me :D.

In that first pic I am just done with the burnout and I think the residual smoke is just fooling you.

And all Cobras have LSD, the 99+ are the ones with IRS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.