Acura World banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well since i haven't posted in awhile, i'll give you guys a heads up of what happened.

1. i freaken got a speeding ticket, going 40 in a 25 area. the officer was a dick and didn't even give me a chance to explain. i was late for the last day of school. but i guess whatevers, it's no big deal. it'll probably cost 100+ bucks out of my pocket. i think i'll be doing the on line traffic school thing. never tried that yet. it's been three years since i've been caught speeding. bastards.

2. the box for my subs are coming in today....hopefully if i don't miss the UPS guy again. this signature required thing is really pissing me off. i need to get myself some 12 guage wires for connecting the subs to the terminals. i still need to get an amp though. still haven't found a used one for a decent price yet. have to finish this system up in the next month cause i'm gonna be going back to Taiwan for an entire summer. at least the baby will get a rest for three months.

3. i think my stock shocks are going cause the ride is harsher. i'm surprised they held up for so long. had the eibachs in for over a year now and been riding on them since i got the car. i guess i'll wait till after summer to get that taken care of.

4. the 60k tune up is coming up. kinda dreading that. not sure when i should take it in. don't really want to dry up my funds for the summer.

ok enough rambling for now, hope all your cars are doing great. get some new mods. i expect everyone to have a body kit by the time i come back!!!! haha :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
heres what you can do, bring a realy big bad ( like a bag for ski's and go and get your elf a kit and a wing... ten you can have you loths shipped back :D :beerchug:

·
2,315 Posts
unx979 said:
well since i haven't posted in awhile, i'll give you guys a heads up of what happened.

1. i freaken got a speeding ticket, going 40 in a 25 area. the officer was a dick and didn't even give me a chance to explain. i was late for the last day of school. but i guess whatevers, it's no big deal. it'll probably cost 100+ bucks out of my pocket. i think i'll be doing the on line traffic school thing. never tried that yet. it's been three years since i've been caught speeding. bastards.

2. the box for my subs are coming in today....hopefully if i don't miss the UPS guy again. this signature required thing is really pissing me off. i need to get myself some 12 guage wires for connecting the subs to the terminals. i still need to get an amp though. still haven't found a used one for a decent price yet. have to finish this system up in the next month cause i'm gonna be going back to Taiwan for an entire summer. at least the baby will get a rest for three months.

3. i think my stock shocks are going cause the ride is harsher. i'm surprised they held up for so long. had the eibachs in for over a year now and been riding on them since i got the car. i guess i'll wait till after summer to get that taken care of.

4. the 60k tune up is coming up. kinda dreading that. not sure when i should take it in. don't really want to dry up my funds for the summer.

ok enough rambling for now, hope all your cars are doing great. get some new mods. i expect everyone to have a body kit by the time i come back!!!! haha :D
1. Can you say "Time for a Passport 8500?"
2. Nice- get some pics up when you get it all hooked up
3. What are you going to get to replace them? Koni yellows?
4. 60k tune up, how much does that cost? About $200?

·
Registered
14,122 Posts
Re: Re: speeding ticket, arghs

Wampum said:

4. 60k tune up, how much does that cost? About $200?
sad to say my freind. closer to 500, maybe 550 depending on your dealer. I just did mine and it cost around 540 total, but I should have done this: (only if you have a mechanic you trust)

get a list from your service guy at Acura dealer over the phone of all the things they do(plugs, wires, filters, fluids some other stuff), and 'check'. then get a quote from your guy for how much to do it. then again you may be better off with the dealer, tough to find a mechanic you can trust to do all the meticulous crap they list on the service bulletin. :dunno:

·
Registered
14,122 Posts
:bigcry: :bigcry: :( :( :dumbass: :dumbass: :dumbass: :dumbass: :dumbass: :dumbass: :dumbass: :dumbass: :blush: :blush: :dumbass: :dumbass: :dumbass: :dumbass:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haha you guys are funny. well the sub box came and guess what, my subs don't fit flush in it. i'm pissed. now i have to go make a "ring" so that the subs would stick out further. the magnet was touching the back of the box. it's about a quarter of an inch too small. pisses me off. i guess that's the risk you have to take when you buy stuff on ebay.

how much are the passports? maybe i should get one, the price of one ticket is worth the thing itself i bet. i'll look into getting one of those.

and last night my friend got a DUI, what a messed up way to start my finals week :(

·
2,315 Posts
unx979 said:
haha you guys are funny. well the sub box came and guess what, my subs don't fit flush in it. i'm pissed. now i have to go make a "ring" so that the subs would stick out further. the magnet was touching the back of the box. it's about a quarter of an inch too small. pisses me off. i guess that's the risk you have to take when you buy stuff on ebay.

how much are the passports? maybe i should get one, the price of one ticket is worth the thing itself i bet. i'll look into getting one of those.

and last night my friend got a DUI, what a messed up way to start my finals week :(
I picked up mine at Best Buy on sale for $279 + tax
You can find them on the internet every once in a while for $249 but I figure I have somewhere to go it anything goes wrong with it. Definately worth the money though. As you said it cost as much as one ticket...well actually less probably.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.