Acura World banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ack -- this is horrid - they are getting worse and im outta warranty --- i sitll have my roof one -- behind the sunroof - if i push up on the roof it stops -- its like a plastic/rattle tick sound -- worse when the bass is up....
and a bad one in my dash now===what can i use that shows step by step how to disassemble our dash, etc... .

I wanna foam, plaster, soundproof the shit outta this car cuz im tired of rattles
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also - when i do -- whats gonna be my best options to deaden sounds and stop rattles? tape? foam? foam spray? that dynamat stuff? thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,827 Posts
Well, from what I've heard, all people with aftermarket, high-bass systems bitch about rattles, etc. IMO, it comes with the territory.

Seems those w/o rattles are still on the stock system for the most part.

I had 30k+ miles on my CLS and zero rattles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,186 Posts
autoxCLS said:
Well, from what I've heard, all people with aftermarket, high-bass systems bitch about rattles, etc. IMO, it comes with the territory.

Seems those w/o rattles are still on the stock system for the most part.

I had 30k+ miles on my CLS and zero rattles.
I have a system and I don't have any rattles.:dunno: Maybe I'm deaf from my system.:D
 

·
magic number ==> 69
Joined
·
318 Posts
BlackShadow said:


I have a system and I don't have any rattles.:dunno: Maybe I'm deaf from my system.:D
LOL:D :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,827 Posts
So I guess the question is are there people out there with killer bass systems that do not have rattles, and what did you do to dampen the rattles?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
autoxCLS said:
So I guess the question is are there people out there with killer bass systems that do not have rattles, and what did you do to dampen the rattles?
I'm still stock :( :( :(
arghhh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
for the moonroof queak put some grease or I heard some people put teflon tape up their.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
Believe it or not....you will prolly create more problems disassembling the car than just attempting to quell them. :(

One interesting tidbit I was taught when I was a lackey at a Jeep dealer:

Get silicone spray. Not WD-40. Not White Lithium. Just plain ol' silicone spray. It doesn't do only what you think it does. ;) Silicone minimally swells the petroleum-based plastics & vinyls just enough that it may stop your rattles. Yeah....it works. Trust me. :D

Get a general idea of the area with the rattle and pop the straw behind the closest seam. 90% of the time the rattle will dissapear and never come back. BTW, that doesn't mean to soak the shit out of the area. If the Silicone doesn't work, it may require something as simple as shifting the part gently with a pry bar.

Don't go hardcore. The Dynamat and/or plaster will prove a bitch to getting the part back on properly. :cry:

IM me for help. :bigok:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Satin said:
Believe it or not....you will prolly create more problems disassembling the car than just attempting to quell them. :(

One interesting tidbit I was taught when I was a lackey at a Jeep dealer:

Get silicone spray. Not WD-40. Not White Lithium. Just plain ol' silicone spray. It doesn't do only what you think it does. ;) Silicone minimally swells the petroleum-based plastics & vinyls just enough that it may stop your rattles. Yeah....it works. Trust me. :D

Get a general idea of the area with the rattle and pop the straw behind the closest seam. 90% of the time the rattle will dissapear and never come back. BTW, that doesn't mean to soak the shit out of the area. If the Silicone doesn't work, it may require something as simple as shifting the part gently with a pry bar.

Don't go hardcore. The Dynamat and/or plaster will prove a bitch to getting the part back on properly. :cry:

IM me for help. :bigok:
unfortunately i can't completely tell -- ones gotta be center of the roof - about 8-10 inches from the back window going toward the front. If I push up on the headliner, it stops -- i can't spray silicone in there :(

The other -- I can't tell yet -- sounds like the right side -- door or dash -- a plastic rattle - easy to recreat when in the driveway with the wheels turned to the right (not the left for some reason)
or going over a lot of bumps in a row..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
I have the same vibration/rattle in the headliner behind the sunroof. It vibrates with my bass. I also have a major rattle on the rear deck, but some dynamat should fix that.....

But what about the headliner?




Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
dont know if its the same rattle but i had one in the back right deck .. it drove me crazy so i sat in back while the woman drove . trns out it was coming from the inside of the trunk under the rear deck . i ziptied everything under there ... no more rattle ... hope this helps
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,499 Posts
Dynamat helps, but it's a pain in the ass to install. I dynamtted my entire trunk a few weeks back, and it wasn't fun. I still have 3 sheets left, so I'm gonna do the rear deck (rattling like no other) and the backseats now.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top