Acura World banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had the ECT sensor changed in my 2000 acura TL and now the SRS light is on. Does anyone know how to reset light or how to get codes from that SRS light to see if it means the air bags are now not operable?

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
One sensor doesn't really have anything to do with the other, as you know. SRS codes that come up oddly like that especially after doing work on a car can sometimes be attributable to dirty, loose, or corroded battery terminal ends. Moving around under the hood can disturb things just enough to cause a problem sometimes. Just fixed a TSX with this problem.

If they're tight, try cleaning the terminal ends and battery posts and hooking it back up. If the SRS light is still on let us know and we'll do what we can :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One of the battery terminal had some corrosion on it so I cleaned it but the light is still on. Did you mean for me to unhook the battery then clean it and then hook it back up? I was told when I bought the car that if the battery ever gets unhooked there is a code in the owners manual that I then need to program somewhere (not sure where) or else the car wont start. Is that true?

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Yes, you'll have to unhook the battery. The only code you'll need is the radio code.....but the car will start and run fine otherwise :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay thank you. I will give it a shot this weekend. Fingers crossed, because it's due for an inspection end of April and been told it may not pass with the SRS light on. Hope this resets it or I'm off to the dealer I guess to spend a lot of money.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay Tim, I unhooked the battery cables, cleaned them (one was a little corroded) waited 1 hour, then hooked them back up and the SRS light is still on. Ugh

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
If you can pull a code, I may be able to help further. Check with your local Advance Auto Parts or Auto Zone and see if they can pull SRS codes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts