Acura World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The SRS light has been on in my RSX for like a week now. Really not looking forward to taking this to a shop to get checked out.
Any ideas?? :paranoid:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah thanks I should have looked there first. Buuut I'm on a work computer and it will not let me click that link :sqnteek: and I cannot seem to find it on the actual DIY page..? I must be missing something..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ugh..I guess the Club RSX message boards are blocked on this computer. Wonderful :wtf:

·
Teh Danger Ranger
26,712 Posts
no good.

i hate to admit it, but i think it's well known, but for technical questions i usually check crsx first. they just have a lot more resources and members than AW. but AW is so much friendlier

·
AW's Resident Smartass
38,577 Posts
The SRS light is jut a reminder that it's time for an oil change. It's set to go on at certain intervals so even if you just changed your oil it will go on if it wasn't reset. If you check our stickies thread we have a DIY as well.

·
RSX-S Owner
775 Posts
Yeah it goes off every 5,000 miles.
Really simple to reset it.

·
Teh Danger Ranger
26,712 Posts
The SRS light is jut a reminder that it's time for an oil change. It's set to go on at certain intervals so even if you just changed your oil it will go on if it wasn't reset. If you check our stickies thread we have a DIY as well.
:confused:

SRS = airbags.... not oil change. are you talking about the maint req light? and if you are, that doesn't come on every 5000 miles. the interval is greater than that

·
RSX-S Owner
775 Posts
:confused:

SRS = airbags.... not oil change. are you talking about the maint req light? and if you are, that doesn't come on every 5000 miles. the interval is greater than that
Oh Woops I thought they were talking about the Maint Req Light. I thought it was 5000 miles... for oil changes.

·
Teh Danger Ranger
26,712 Posts
Oh Woops I thought they were talking about the Maint Req Light. I thought it was 5000 miles... for oil changes.
i don't know what the number is, but i know i've gone over 5000 miles between oil changes and it hasn't come on

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought my car not too long ago, and it had the SRS light on. I installed my deck, speakers, amp, subs 2 weeks ago. While I was at it I reset the SRS light (really easy btw). However, a couple mornings ago I turned my car on and the light was on again. I know I can reset it again no problem, but I'm wondering if maybe there's a deeper issue I need to get checked out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my car not too long ago, and it had the SRS light on. I installed my deck, speakers, amp, subs 2 weeks ago. While I was at it I reset the SRS light (really easy btw). However, a couple mornings ago I turned my car on and the light was on again. I know I can reset it again no problem, but I'm wondering if maybe there's a deeper issue I need to get checked out.
how did you reset the light ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts