Acura World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Briefly, I was driving at night and suddenly the lights went dim and lost most power from the engine. After that, it wouldn't crank, no lights, no horn etc. If I jump the starter to the battery and spray fuel in the intake, it will run just fine. But when I stop spraying fuel, it dies. I have replaced the ignition switch with no improvements. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's a 1992 Acura Integra.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The reason I changed the ignition switch was because I watched a video after doing a search about my problem and they suspected that it could be the culprit. It did settle down other noises and erratic blinking lights, but didn't solve the whole issue. In my first post I said that I jumped the starter to the battery to crank it over with fuel in the intake. I didn't do it with the key. In other words, a wire from the solenoid on the starter to the positive battery post. (No power to the solenoid) The alternator is fine. Battery with car not running is 12.74. While running it's 14.65. I've only replaced the switch so far. Lights, wipers, radio, nothing electrical works. Just some dash lights come on. Wish I had something else to add to the description.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I very much appreciate your input, and there might be something to that, but I don't think a faulty fuel pump is going to cause my near total lack of power to the rest of the car. I've been trying to locate the starter sensor. From 3 different sources I've been told that it's under the dash to the LEFT of the console, to the Right of it, and in the big 1992 Integra big book on everything about the car, they show a diagram and arrow pointing to the sensor on the firewall a little right of center. Nothing that resembles a sensor there. Can anyone tell me where I might find this little critter?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.